X

"Hello." Cale removed the hood as he looked at Rosalyn, the Princess of Breck Kingdom. They saved her from an assassination attempt, and she's looking at them.

She still looked as beautiful as always. Cale used to admire her. One thing is for sure, she looks the best with magic.

"You are?"

"My name is Cale." He smiled at her.

Rosalyn stared at him and Choi Han.

"I know you're confused, but I want to ask for help."

There is one more person that Cale wants to protect.

That child, Lark.

One of the few people who never treated him badly. The child who would sit down beside him and comfort him, in all his reincarnations. But he's not strong enough to help him on his own. All he can do is seek help from all these people and stop that man from destroying the world in time.

Cale knew that Rosalyn would accept it. She's the kind of person who doesn't want to owe anyone one bit.

He smiled when Rosalyn accepted his request. They paved their way to the Wolf Village.

They made one stop for the night.

Rosalyn and Choi Han were taking turns taking guard.

"He's weak."

"He is." Choi Han spoke with a soft smile on his face.

"Why is he doing all this then?"

Choi Han smiled at her and said, "If I tell you, would you accept it?"

Rosalyn remained silent. If it's unreasonable, she won't. After all, it's the greatest trash in history that was the sole dirt on a very well-known and respectable noble.

"Cale-nim had lived in hell. I can't tell you the details but, he wants to save as many people as possible." Choi Han's voice made Rosalyn pause. "To a dying man, all he ever wanted to find was a place where he could peacefully pass away."

Rosalyn was silent. Choi Han looked to the side. He removed his cape and wrapped it around the trembling Cale.

"He has lived numerous battles and this is his last."

Rosalyn really couldn't understand what this man was saying but, looking at them, Cale was not an unreasonable man. In fact, he's a good one. He wouldn't come here to save her from the Archduke or ask for her help to save someone again.

She gazed at the trembling Cale.

"He's not getting any better." She rose up and felt his temperature. She pulled out a bottle of healing potion and helped Cale's breathing ease.

She stared at him, his eyes were deep, and his eyebags were noticeable. His skin is pale and dry, and his fingers are slowly becoming bony.

This weak man is trying to save something from a bigger enemy.

They set out at the allotted time, with Cale being carried by Choi Han in his back. Rosalyn helped decrease his temperature.

As soon as they reached the Wolf's Village. Everything was already on Fire. Cale finally woke up and tried to stand but he still wobbled on his feet.

"Save as many as you can."

Cale smiled and said, "I'll be fine."

Choi Han and Rosalyn nodded and proceeded to save the remaining wolf children. Cale became aware of a loud roar coming from the side.