Saved by Ex pt.2

A/N: I wasn't planning on doing a part two but since some of you guys requested it, here ya go!

Nick: I miss you too. I hope you are doing well too.

Charlie sat on his bed, staring at the text Nick had sent ever since Elle left.

Nick was the one that broke them up, but now he is saying that he missed him?

The 17-year-old got up and walked down to the kitchen. He knew that drinking wouldn't solve his issue and it wasn't the best idea and he's still recovering from a hangover. However, if he is tipsy he'd be more honest with Nick than he would've been sober. Yes, he was underage but only by a year, and his parents weren't home so he wouldn't have to worry about being caught. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked upstairs, fiddling with his phone. After one beer Charlie was tipsy; a lightweight. When his mind finally got foggy, he unlocked his phone and went to his and Nick's conversation.

Charlie: if you miss me why did you break up with me

Okay wow, he wasn't expecting to be that blunt and a little sassy but it had to be said. Nick responded two minutes later.

Nick: I told you, the long distance would be too hard for the both of us.

Charlie groaned in frustration and rubbed his face.

Charlie: I don't believe you.

Nick: what?

Charlie: I don't think it's because of long distance.

Nick: then what do you think is the reason?

Charlie: because my mental health issues are too hard for you to handle while you're away at university.

Nick stared at his phone in shock, he was not expecting Charlie to say that. How could he accuse him of something like that when he had visited Charlie two hours away when he was in the psych ward?

Nick: that's not true.

Charlie: we talked about long distance a month ago and you said it would be fine. Why did you lie?

Nick rubbed his face, okay that was true he did say it was fine then. But the more he thought about it and talked it over with Sarah, the more he realized it would be tough.

Nick: I thought it was going to be but once I thought it over more I realized it was going to be harder than we thought.

Charlie: oh

Charlie: I wish you talked it out with me more before making that big decision for the both of us.

Charlie: I don't think it would be too hard if we love each other enough we could get through anything.

Nick: you're right. I should have talked to you about it before. I'm sorry.

Charlie: no s-word

Nick chuckled in relief as Charlie tried to ease the tension a bit with their inside joke. He did feel terrible though, Charlie was right. He should have discussed it through with Charlie more.

Nick: can we talk about this in person tomorrow?

Charlie smiled in relief as he took another sip of his beer, thank god he got the courage, even from drinking which isn't the best way to go, to text Nick or this would've never happened.

Charlie: yes. Cafe downtown at 1 pm?

Nick: works for me. See you then

***

Charlie got out of bed as his alarm went off, determined to look good for his meet-up with Nick today. He shut off the alarm before waking in the bathroom. He did his usual routine before getting into the shower. After showering, he then stood in front of his closet for 15 minutes trying to decide on what to wear, this was important. He had to make a good impression in front of Nick after they hadn't seen each other for more than a month.

Charlie ate breakfast then to kill time till one he played Mario Kart with his little brother Oliver. He glanced over at the time once in a while, hoping that it would be 1 pm soon.

Once it hit 12:45, Charlie walked to the front door and pulled on his shoes. He grabbed a hoodie in case he got cold before heading out the door. It was a 15-minute walk to the cafe so he should get there in time. 

Charlie: on my way

Nick: me too

Charlie took a deep breath to prepare himself as the cafe soon came into view. He noticed Nick sitting at their usual date table they chose whenever they used to go.

"Hi." Charlie managed to say as he made his way over to the table. Nick looked up with a soft smile and got up to pull the chair out for Charlie to sit like a gentleman.

"Hi," Nick said as he sat back down once Charlie was settled.
Nick hadn't changed one bit in the months they didn't talk, he was just as pretty.

"Let me just start this by saying I'm sorry. I didn't talk to you before making that decision for both of us. I did it suddenly and didn't give you much explanation other than long distance was tough, it wasn't cool. I understand if you don't want to give me another chance, even though I do think we can make this work." Nick rambled fast, catching Charlie by surprise.

Charlie grabbed Nick's hand to assure him that it was okay.

"of course, I'd give you a second chance. Nick, You are the best boyfriend I've ever had. I could not imagine my life without you. Maybe we needed the break for those couple months to think things through but I couldn't take any more time apart." Charlie fiddled with Nick's hand waiting for an answer. Nick smiled in relief.

"Thank god." Nick leaned in and kissed Charlie. Charlie kissed back without any hesitation and smiled into the kiss. He realized the reason he missed Nick so much was that he felt so safe with him, Nick was his home. He was finally home.

A/N: I hope you guys liked the part two! I feel like it was a little rush and cringey ending but let me know what you think xx