EPISODE 29 I DON'T HAVE A BED

Kalighat.

Mithun is sitting on a cliff. A parrot comes to him flying. He lifts his right arm up for the parrot to sit on it. The parrot sits.

Mithun : What is it, Mithoo?

"If done come back. If done come back." the parrot cramms.

Mithun : Brother is calling me back. I don't want to go back to her.

A villager approaches him with food in his hands. It's some fruits and carrots on a banana leaf.

Villager : Prince Mithun, your food. Thank you for saving us from those demons.

Mithun : It's nothing. Thank you for the food.

Villager : Prince, I want to ask you something. If you don't mind...

Mithun : What is it?

Villager : It's been days since we saw any demons here. It looks like you have eradicated them completely. But you are still here. Don't you want to go home? I heard you are newly married. Don't you miss you wife?

Mithun : (frowns)...... No!

Villager : I heard you are divinely connected with your wife. Where is your spousal mark?

Mithun : (angry) Don't you have anything else to do?

"Don't be angry on this poor subject, Prince Mithun."

Mithun turns back and looks at the man who just spoke now. It's Kalighat's Chief.

Kalighat's Chief : How are you doing?

Mithun puts his food down on the ground and stands up to greet the Chief.

Mithun : Good. Accept my greetings, Chief.

Kalighat's Chief : Accept my greetings as well.

The Chief looks at Mithun carefully and let's out a deep sigh.

Kalighat's Chief : You haven't consummated your marriage, have you?

Mithun is surprised. He frowns and looks at the Chief in his eyes.

Mithun : It's my personal matter. You don't need to know.

Kalighat's Chief : Prince, your anxiety is clearly visible in your anger. I saw the way you fought those demons. I would advise you to go back to your wife. You will not be able to stay away from her for long. Suppressing your feelings will only hurt you.

In the distance some villagers are talking.

"It looks like his spouse has abandoned him."

"Poor Prince. Now, he will suffer this depressing feeling for the rest of his life."

Mithun heard there conversation. His face is engulfed in an expression of anger.

Kalighat's Chief : Prince, people talk about what they see. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for protecting our village. Now, I think you should go back home and spend some time with your wife. Please consider my suggestion. Pay my gratitude to His Highness Aatreya.

Kalighat's Chief leaves with the villagers. Mithun sits there, on the cliff, contemplating on his life.

Mithun : Spend some time with my wife. Hah! As if. Mithoo, tell brother I am coming.

The parrot, Mithoo, flees away in the sky.

•••••

Naimisharan.

Dhani knocks on Aatreya's door.

Aatreya : You can come in.

She gaily enters the room and looks at Aatreya. He is reading some manuscripts. His eyes are seriously glued to those manuscripts and eyebrows are tensed. She slowly goes to him to peek into the manuscripts to know what her husband is reading so intently. She leans and takes a peek. Aatreya suddenly turns towards her. Their heads collide.