66

Simon groaned, and a throbbing pain shot through the back of his head.

"Why do you keep meddling in my business?!"

"This isn't only about you! Why are you so reckless!"

"I am not!"

"Then why did you follow him here when this is obviously a suspicious place?!"

Simon could not really remember where he was or what he was doing at the moment. All he hears is the muffled exchange of yells coming from a woman and a man. His vision is a blur, but he tries to get the shape of each silhouette and tries to remember where he is at the moment.

"Can't you just be thankful that I saved you?!"

"Save me from what?! I was clearly managing it on my own!"

Tatiana and Bjorn were both so infuriated with each other. Tatiana can't believe that Bjorn appeared out of nowhere and walloped Simon with the back of his sword. He could have chosen a more peaceful approach than violence. Clearly, nothing bad was happening to Tatiana in the first place.

Bjorn was also angry. He immediately ran here with his horse after hearing from a servant about what Simon was planning to do to the princess, and when he didn't see the princess at the orphanage, he frantically looked for her for a short time. He thought that if he was a little bit too late, Tatiana would have already gotten hurt.

"Ow," Simon groaned and touched the back of his head. Tatiana immediately went down to help him get up.

"What are you doing?!" Bjorn bellowed, "he just tried to assassinate you! He should be killed here and now!"

"Why do you want to keep killing people?!" Tatiana asked. "Can't you see he's hurt because of you? And what assassination? Did you see him hurt me?"

"You're hopeless!"

The princess chose to ignore Bjorn and faced Simon, who still looked like he was trying to figure everything else out. The poor guy did not even know how to wield a weapon and yet he was cornered into doing something that he'd regret for the rest of his life.

"Don't do what she says," Tatiana told him. Simon started to realize where they were and remember what happened. He immediately faced the knight that whacked him from behind and unconsciously stepped back. The guy looked like he was ready to do it again but with the sword's blade.

"Simon, do you understand me?" Tatiana repeated, "Don't you ever do that again, do you understand?"

Simon stayed silent.

"It's not too late for you, "Tatiana told him," which made him perk up. "I won't hate you and I will not punish you—heavily. I will handle the situation, but you should promise me never to stoop that low again."