Chapter 24

"I'm sorry, but I cannot help her." he lied.

I couldn't believe this. Was he trying to lie to my face?! I was normally a calm person, but for some odd reason I became extremely upset by the man's selfishness.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW SELFISH YOU ARE BEING?!!!!" I yelled.

"Please calm down sir." he said nervously, trying to not make a scene. I didn't care, I wanted everyone to know what they were doing to Genevieve.

"Dont tell me to calm down!!! She has saved many lives, risking her own! Did anyone tell her to do that? No! She could have easily killed you all, but she didnt!! She chose to do what's right and fight against crime! She even saved your own men! I watched that girl literally wear herself down trying to keep everyone safe, including her family and friends. Now, when it's time for someone to save her life, you're just going to let her die?!!" I ranted.

The man was silent for a while. The other three men looked at him. The cops stood there looking at the man in disgust. The cops were agreeing with me!

"Alright..." he said to me. He turned to the medics who were loading her into the ambulance.

"I need you to inject her with this. She needs it more than we do." he said to the medics. They finished loading up the ambulance.

"Honey, go with her...she needs someone to be with her." said my wife. I turned around.

"She means a lot to you doesn't she?" she said while holding Lily.

"Yes, I love her like I would Lily." I stated truthfully.

"Go then. One of the cops said he will give us a ride home."

"Thank you, I love you Honey." I told her. I kissed her on the cheek.

"Daddy?? When she is done with her nap, can you give her this? " Lily asked. She pulled out her stuffed bunny. She never went anywhere with out that bunny.

"Are you sure? You love this bunny!" I asked.

"yes, she saved mommy and you and me! I know she will take care of him, like she took care of us." she said sweetly.

I smiled and kissed her on the head.

"That's very nice of you Lily. I love you!" I said to her. She let out a big happy grin.

I walked towards the ambulance, they held the door open as I got in.