Chapter 27

"Honey you need to be a more cautious driver. Your lucky you didnt get killed when you got into that car accident!" my Mom said.

Car accident?! I wasn't in a car accident. Was this a cover up for what really happened? I really didnt want to be lectured on something that never even happened to me. I played along, so they wouldn't become suspicious.

"I'm sorry, I should have looked before pulling out." I lied.

"You are fine, just try to be careful. We love you and don't want anything to happen to you." my dad said.

"Your brother was very upset when he heard you were in the hospital." my Mom said.

I turned to see my brother blushing. So he did love me. He walked up to me.

"I....uh...I'm glad your ok. I l..lo, " he stuttered.

"Go ahead, you can say it!" I encouraged him happily.

"I l...love you." he said.

"Come over here you bird brain!!" I said happy to hear him say he loved me. He walked up closer. I grabbed him and hugged him.

"I love you too!!" I said. He smiled. I kissed him on the cheek.

He wiped off his cheek. "Ummm ok....let's not do that again." he said.

I laughed. My Mom and Dad rolled their eyes. There was a knock at the door again. Mr. Kent came in. He had a big smile on his face when he saw me. I smiled back.

"Hi Mr. Kent!" I said to him.

"How you doing Kiddo?" he asked. I turned to my parents.

"Can I talk to Mr. Kent alone for a sec?" I asked.

My Mom looked at me. "It's nothing bad, I just need to talk to him." I explained. She nodded. My family walked out of the room.