Chapter 3: Returning. (It was bound to happen sometime.)

Percy POV:

"HEY PERCY!" Luke yells as he bursts into my room. I yelp and quickly shut my journal.

"What is it, Luke?" I ask.

He smirks. "What were you writing about that made you so flustered, Percy?"

I cough. "Nothing, Luke. Now, what did you need me for?"

"Chaos wants us all in the office. New mission, he says this one is really important."

I groan. "Another 'important' mission? We spent, like, 10 years on the last important mission!"

He laughs. "Was it really that bad, Perce?"

"For me, yeah. You guys all had your spouses or whatever with you. I was bored out of my mind for 10 years," I say.

He smiles a bit smugly. "What, sad that you don't have someone to love?"

I stand up. "Alright, let's not have this conversation right now. Last time, it ended in us fighting. Let's go see what my dad wants."

"See you in the office, Perce," he says as he skips away down the hall.

I sigh and stand up. I really don't want to spend another 10 years on a mission that boils down to some dude tripping down a staircase and ending a war. I hide my journal in my robe and walk to the throne room.

I push open the doors and see that everyone is here, waiting for me. I take a seat, and Chaos starts speaking.

"Alright, this next mission is important. Yes, this time it's actually important, unlike last time. Unfortunately, I have to split the team up."

There's yelling and arguing across the room until Chaos shushes us.

"I know you don't like it, but I have to. A good chunk of you will go to Harpgard and finish that conflict."

We all groan. Harpgaurd sucks, probably one of the most boring planets.

"Those going to Harpgaurd will join the other once the conflict there is settled."

"So, who's going to Harpgaurd?" I ask.

"Achilles, Patroclus, Eurydice, Bellerophon, Silena, Charles, and Ethan."

Those 7 look sad, knowing that they'll be bored.

"Is everyone else going on the 'important' mission?" I ask.

"Actually, no," Chaos replies. "Two others will be sent as spies for the enemies. Those two are Bianca and Icarus."

Icarus looks happy. He likes being a spy. Bianca, however, looks sad. Luke and Zoe sit next to her and hold her hands, telling her that she'll join everyone else before long.

"Okay, with that out of the way, where are the people who aren't the unlucky 7 going?" I ask.

Chaos sighs and says...

"Earth."

Me and Luke look at him and laugh. Not particularly happily, but we laugh.

Chaos looks at us, both confused. "Why are you laughing? I thought you two especially would hate going back to earth."

I laugh and shake my head. "Neither of us are particularly happy, but we both figured it would happen eventually."

Luke holds his hand out to me. "Under 90 years, I win the bet."

I grumble and pull out my journal, handing it to him. He flips to a random page and reads, and then hands it to Bianca, whose hand he's still holding.

She looks at it, laughs, and passes it to Zoe. She laughs as well, and about five minutes later, everyone in the room has read the page, and I am handed back my journal.