Chapter Twenty Nine

Jennie's POV

I made my way inside Kai's apartment, I was proud of myself for the little thing I had pulled off, I smirked and waved at him, he furrowed his eyebrows and put his toast down, I plopped down on the couch and crossed my arms, he peeked out off the kitchen giving me a confused look.

"How'd you get in?" He asked looking back at the door.

"I have a spare key, come I want to talk." I pat the seat next to mine and he nodded.

I wasn't really mad at Lisa anymore it's just the fact that she chose someone else over me that's a bit sad. It says a lot about our relationship, it's just the beginning and I don't want to over think it so I was just going to put it behind me but she has to learn her lesson.

Kai walked over by me with a plate of toast and sat next to me.

"What's up? How'd it go?" He winked and I sighed.

"She ditched me." He started out with a small chuckle that became a loud roar almost making him choke on his toast.

"You idiot, quit laughing!" I smacked his arm and he nodded taking a deep breath.

"Okay I'm sorry, continue." He continued to eat and focused on me.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed piece of toast off his plate.

"She had a little friend date with this Nancy chick, I had done this big set up for us and she just left me hanging."

"That's sad." He rubbed my knee and I looked down.

"Tell me about it, this morning I woke up on her couch and she was staring at me, she started sucking up to me and then... Well we started to kiss and stuff."

He smirked and poked my cheek. "Did you do it?" He said with a cheeky grin.

"No I left her hanging now; she has to work for it, I'm just not going to give it to her."

"Oh you smart little you."

"Whatever, I don't want to talk to her right now."

"Oh c'mon, you just started dating, stop being like that. Let's have a party tonight, relieve some tension, yeah?"
I looked at him and he raised his eyebrows giving me an encouraging nod.

"I'm not inviting her."

"You're so mean, stop being like that, put your guard down." I laughed and tossed the uneaten piece of toast back on his plate.

"One day you're telling me 'Oh Jennie, be careful' and now you're all like this." He shrugged and bit down on his toast.

"You're fucking happy with this girl, so what? She made one stupid decision, give her a break."

There was a soft knock on the door, almost inaudible, the door then opened and a flustered Lisa walked in looking like a lost puppy, she was playing with her fingers and remained looking down until she stood in front of us.

"Well well, someone left you hot and bothered." Kai joked and I bit my lip to stop a laugh from coming out.

"Let's not talk about it." She said softly taking a seat on a chair next to us.

"But you looked so flustered? Are you sick or did Jennie leave you hanging?" I pinched his leg and Lisa covered her face.

"Shut up." She breathed out and I laughed.

"Lisa, I'm having a party tonight. You should come." He said getting up and patting the top of her head.

"I will; Jennie can we talk really quick? Outside." She looked up and put a hand through her hair, untangling some knots. I nodded and got up walking out of the apartment, Lisa following close behind.