Forty Five

Jennie's POV

A couple months passed by and I found myself leaving New York and moving back to California. I took this time to myself and I saw that this isn't what I wanted. I'd rather be doing my own thing, playing gigs every once in a while but being stable in my own home. Not having anyone boss me around. Not being around people I don't even like. I've been feeling much better and I haven't thought much about Lisa but knowing that I'm just a couple buildings away from her was nerve-wracking. I haven't had any sort of contact with her whatsoever, I don't know how she's doing or if she even still remembers me. I don't know if she's seeing anyone or if she's single. I am still in love with her. I don't think that would ever change, she's a part of me. She's in my bloodstream and that's not gonna change. I'll always be hers and I hope deep down that she still feels the same way. I hope that she missed me as much as I have missed her.

I walked into my new apartment, it was small and cozy, filled with boxes that I had shipped from New York and some that Kai kept in a storage room. The walls were a dull champagne color which I would obviously paint over. There was a small twin sized mattress in the corner of the living room. I sighed and stepped out of the apartment not wanting to do anything just yet.

"Boo!" Someone poked my sides harshly and I yelped and jumped up.

"You ass!" I laughed and smacked Kai's arm.

"Do you like it? If you don't we could always find something else." He said stepping inside the apartment.

"I'll get used to it." I followed him and placed a hand over one of the many boxes laid out in the empty space.

"There's an apartment in my building, next door to me." He said and I shook my head.

"No uh I'm not sure no, I'll stay here." I said quickly and looked down.

"You can't stay away from her for any longer. I've talked to her." He said and I walked up to the mattress and sat on it.

"Oh yeah?"

"I didn't tell her you moved back here again, she still thinks you're in New York. She's doing better, her shop showed up on the paper. It's doing really well and she's very happy about that. She looks better and is currently single." He winked.

"Has she mentioned me?" I asked shyly and he sat next to me.

"Her feelings are still the same, trust me. I went into her apartment the other day, she invited Krystal and I over for dinner. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and her bedroom door was open and as nosy as I am, I went inside." He laughed at himself and put an arm around me.

"On her nightstand there is a picture of you two, I checked her stereo and the CD you sent was in there. The scrapbook you got her is on top of her dresser, it was open with pictures of the last time you each other and some of Skype calls you had later on I think." I smiled and looked down as a blush crept on my cheeks.

"The ugly monkey was on her bed and I saw a sweater of yours on the monkey." He rubbed my arm and I felt my eyes get glassy but I cleared my throat and looked up.

"She says she hopes you're doing well and that she loves you." He kissed my temple and I couldn't wipe the smile of my face.

"That's good to know." I sighed out in relief and he stood up opening a box.

"No, I don't want to unpack just yet." I said and he turned and nodded.

"Can we paint this place? The color makes me sick." He said and I nodded.

"We need paint though."

"Let's go."

"Afterwards we should go see Lisa." He said and I laughed and pushed him making him fall against the wall.