3 : Chapter 3

We drove back on the road and to the plane and went on the long trip back. I'm not going to my university yet, things have just gotten interesting.

We drove towards the NEST base in Washington D.C. I've only been there a couple of times, but it's one of the biggest bases there is.
We rejoined with Bee and the others.

We enter the building guarded by NEST members. Inside was filled with lots of people and army vehicles. Optimus dropped off his trailer before we went in deeper.

"All arriving Autobots, in pan training and debriefing in fifteen minutes. Dino, report to bay twenty-three. Sideswipe, bay thirty-seven for weapons assessment" an announcement was made. Dino and Sideswipe followed and stopped at their bays.

Optimus went to his. He's a little bit angry of something. But he doesn't want to talk about it. I transformed and the other bots did too. Except for Optimus.

Bee was training them how to kill a decepticon. And the others were doing their own stuff. I transformed into a bot too and just waited for whatever was coming up.

Mearing walked up towards Optimus with her people and Lennox. "Optimus, you remember Charlotte Mearing? Our Director of National Intelligence?" Lennox said to Optimus. "He's in a bad mood. He's-a not talking to anybody today" Dino told him.

"What is this, the silent treatment?" Mearing asked with an annoyed face. "We've seen that, and this is not that" Ironhide commented. "This is worse. Prime! Make something of yourself!" Ironhide said and hit Optimus. Oof... I wouldn't do that.

He started transforming, but his transformation was rougher and puffs of smoke came out of his pipe. Even his transformation can. show how how angry he was.

When he was done, he slammed on the ground and looked up at Mearing. "You lied to us. Everything humans know of our planet we were told had all been shared. So why was this found in human possession?" Optimus asked angrily pointing at the spherical object.

"We were in the dark on this also. It was Director Only clearance at Sector Seven until now. The bag" Mearing said. Her aid walked up to her handfull of bags. "Which one?" she asked. "Herm�s. Birkin. Green ostrich! My God... This is a secret few men knew, and fewer still remain alive. Allow me to please introduce to you two of NASA's founding mission directors and astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin, one of the first two men to step foot on the moon. Sir? Optimus Prime" Mearing replied and walked towards the men in the entrance and shook his hand.

"From a fellow space traveler, it's a true honor" Aldrin said. "The honor is mine" Optimus told him. "Our entire space race of the 1960's, it appears, was in response to an event" Mearing said.

"Our astronauts investigated a crashed alien ship. No survivors on board" One of the NASA officers said.
"We were sworn to secrecy by our Commander in Chief" Aldrin added.
"Soviets managed to land unmanned probes. Somehow they must have... picked up that fuel rod"

"We believe the Russians deduced that the rod was a fissionable fuel assembly, believed they had it mastered and tried to harness it at Chernobyl" Mearing explained.

"We landed six missions in all. We took hundreds of photos and samples. We locked them away forever when the moon program was shut down" The Officer spoke again.

"Well, did you search the crash vault?" Ironhide asked. "The ship's name was the Ark. I watched it escape Cybertron myself. It was carrying an Autobot technology which would have won us the war. And... its captain" Optimus said. Sentinel Prime... What? He tells me a lot of stories.

"Who was it's captain?" Mearing asked. "The great Sentinel Prime" I replied. "The technology's inventor. He was commander of the Autobots before me. It's imperative that I find it before the Decepticons learn of its location. Our Autobot spacecraft has the ability to get there. And... you must pray it's in time" Optimus added.

"We must go to the ark, and retrieve what was once ours" Optimus said and stands up. "We'll prepare the ship" one of the officers said. "Ratchet, Hana, come with me" Optimus said. Nice! We're going to space!