4 : Chapter 2

5 Years Later

It's been 5 years since I was saved by the Yaegers. 5 years since I last heard from Optimus. 5 years since I last saw KSI. 5 years since I last heard from the other bots. Without being able to transform into a cybertronian, it's harder to communicate with them.

Since then, I've been living with the Yaegers. I'd call my family once in a while in a disguised voice. They understand how I'm doing recently, so they'd be fine if I didn't call for months at a Time. I am 26 now. My little siblings should've been 22, 18, and 13 now. And my parents are 47. I miss them a lot, but being in a universal war is hard. I heard Henry got married last year to a girl name Jasmine. And she is currently pregnant. She doesn't even know Henry's got an older sibling. She thought he was oldest. Love... War isn't easy, but I don't regret joining it. It's for the sake of the whole world. I wouldn't mind even if I had to sacrifice little things. But I do wonder, if I'll ever find... Love... (a/n: I feel Iridescent playing now :') )

I'm calling my mom as a boy again this morning. The phone rang for a few seconds before it got answered. "Rei?" Mom's voice asked through the phone. Rei is my new boy name. The old one was weird. "Hi Umi" I replied. I have to use her real name so they won't suspect I'm her daughter or son. "How are you old friend?" I asked. I was already quite natural at this. "Good. How about you?" Mom asked. "I'm very well thank you. How's Hikaru, Henry, Josh, Lulu, and Jasmine?" I asked again. "They are fine. How's your family?" Mom asked back, but I can feel some sadness in her voice. "They're... Good. I still miss you old friend" I replied. "Anything interesting there?" Mom asked again. "Nothing much, same old things" I said.

"So... Have you found any love interests yet?".
"What? Oh no. Not yet" I replied slightly sadly. Hmm... This is a new conversation. "Oh Rei... You're already old, and I know you still can't move on from the last one, but you have to let it go" Mom told me. "I-I can't" Let go of him? I can't... I know he's still out there somewhere, I just have to be patient... I heard mom sigh. "I-I'm sorry" I said again. "Don't worry... But I do hope you feel better" Mom said in a soft voice. "Thank you old friend. I have to go now" I told her. "Okay Rei, bye" Mom said and hung up. I sighed and looked out the window. The sun already up.

I got down and started cooking breakfast for Tessa and Cade. Tessa reminded me of my little siblings. I care for her like she's my lil sister. Kade feels like a brother figure to me. He's only 9 years older.

I put the food on the table and called Cade and Tessa. "Cade! Tess! Breakfast is ready". Tessa came down first, and Kade followed. We all sat down and ate breakfast together. "Tessa any plans for today?" I asked her. "I'm just going out with my friends later" She replied. Tess told me how she has a boyfriend. His name's Shane. He's Irish. But she told me not to tell Kade, since he isn't going to react too well. Luckily, I knew all about Forbidden Love. I was in a war for 11 years after all. And I still am now.

"Hana, want to come with me to the theatres later? Pick up some things to fix and sell, you know" He said with a shrug. "Why not?" I said and finished my food before grabbing all their plates and washed it. Tessa had gone out, and Cade is getting his car started.

I wiped my hands before going out into his car. I miss driving. Been 5 years since I last drove. I still hope I got my skills on my wheels. We drove to the familiar small city where I last saw Optimus. I sighed remembering it. I never quite moved on from there. But I never show my feelings.

We arrived near the theatres, when I see a familiar black car drive up as we got out of our car. "Well look who decided to show up for work" Cade commented. We grabbed some stuff from the back before walking towards Lucas. "What, surf report no good at South Padre?" Cade teased. "The waves are flat and I got no gas. You know that, Cade" Lucas said as he walked over to us. But a car crossed in front of him. "Dude. Rude" he huffed.

"Look at these two junebugs" He commented as he sees two yoing girls walk pass. "Hey, you're paying me on this one, right, Cade? Please tell me I'm getting paid" He said again. "You know, Lucas, a lot of guys are just happy to have a job at all" Cade told him. "Yeah, I suppose" Lucas sighed. "We'll pay you once we can Luke" I told him. "You got any cash on you?" Seriously Cade?! "Yeah" Lucas replied. "Alright, good" Cade finished before walking to the theatres.

We met with whoever owned the theatres and walked in. I ignored their comments and conversations as we searched around. There were a lot of parts here. Cade already bought quite a few items. I hadn't found any yet.

We then walked to the movie room, i have no idea what it's called... "Remember this place when we were kids? How many girls you think you brought here in high school?" Cade asked while teasing Lucas. "I only remember one" Lucas shrugged. I saw Cade grab a baseball. "Heads!" He said as he throw it to Lucas. It hit his forehead, he wasn't even reacting!

I watched them in amusement but something caught my eye. I walked over it to check it out. The chairs were hard to go through and there were a lot of items, so it took quite a while to go there. But I finally made it. It was an old, rusty 1977 Marmon 97 semi. There were bullet marks everywhere around it and scratches and gashes normal trucks won't have... Could this be?

I opened the door and got on. The truck dropped on its other wheels, but I don't mind. Mortar shells fell off the cab. What kind of truck would be carrying mortar shells this big? I can only think of one... I searched the steering wheel for the logo, but I couldn't find it. If it was hidden in the other parts of his body, it will be hard to find. So I decided to search for other clues.

I hopped down the semi and looked around it again. Aftet finding nothing, I decided to look under it. And there was a big gash down here... Oil should've been leaking, but instead, it was a blue slightly glowing liquid. It can be none other than energon.... This is... Optimus...