viii. soft launch!

( September 20th, 2022. )

Leah and Caitlin are, by all means, dating without the official title. They do what couples do — kissing, holding hands, cuddling, etc. Though, they haven't made it official, something that constantly lingers in Leah's mind.

"Hey, C?" She blurts out, looking towards the girl in question. They're laying in Caitlin's bed together ( they've been having constant sleepovers, switching between apartments ), Leah scrolling through her phone while cuddled up to Caitlin's side, who's doing some homework.

"Hm?" She hums, typing quickly on her laptop before looking down at Leah. "What's up?"

She averts her eyes, looking around the room and focusing on the numerous amount of achievements Caitlin has won over her basketball career. "I have a question, but it's dumb, so never mind."

Leah's hair is currently in a bun, and she's wearing a black spaghetti strap tank top with some sleeping shorts. Caitlin looks drastically different, her hair in one of it's usual ponytails while she's wearing Nike sweatpants with a simple red shirt.

"Nothing you say is dumb," she reassures her, placing her laptop on one of the bedside tables and pulling her even closer. "Tell me."

Sighing, she lets the shyness leave her mind, as she knows that Caitlin wouldn't judge her for this. "I was wondering when we were going to make it official."

Caitlin doesn't respond for a moment, which makes her nervous. She starts to move away from her out of embarrassment, but the other girl quickly puts a stop to it. "What are you doing?"

"Um," she trails off, "moving away from you?"

"Nope, come here," Caitlin wraps her arm around her waist, bringing her closer gently. "I just didn't expect that question."

"Oh," she mutters, suddenly feeling stupid, "so?"

Caitlin hums like she's deliberating something, before stopping after a few seconds and finally speaking. "I don't know, do you want to be my girlfriend, Miss Reynolds?"

Leah playfully slaps her arm, a fake glare on her face. "Of course I do, idiot."

"Well then, I guess it's official now," she smirks, feeling like she's on cloud nine.

"Hm," Leah pretends to think, going along with the little act, "I guess it is, Clark."

Caitlin moves towards Leah, placing her right hand on her cheek and leaning in to kiss her. She can taste the strawberry lip balm that she uses, which makes her smile into the kiss. They break apart after that, just looking at each other tenderly.

Leah breaks the silence by asking another question, "you know I'm a virgin right?"

The other girl looks caught off guard for a second, her mouth opening and closing. "What?"

"I'm a virgin," she nods, pursing her lips together to stop herself from laughing.

"I thought you dated Connor for like a year?" Her brows are furrowed, showing her confusion clearly.