xiii. back to brown!

( October 25th, 2022. )

Leah lays down in Caitlin's bed, staring up at the ceiling. Her girlfriend had been away at practice for awhile now, and would probably be gone for a few more hours preparing for the game against Nebraska-Kearney on the 28th.

   She's excited to see her girlfriend play for the first time in person, of course she had seen previous games on Youtube and TikTok, but nothing compared to the real thing. Leah's made an entire notebook full of notes about the rules of basketball and terminology that she thought was important. She really wanted to understand the game that her girlfriend loves so much.

She's broken out of her thoughts about basketball by a text from Freya.

leah . . . ( princess leah )
freya . . . ( princess freya )

princess freya
are you bored too

princess leah
omfg yeah
i miss my gf

princess freya
i miss my almost gf

princess leah
😭😭
did you wanna hangout

princess freya
PLEASE!!!
what were you thinking about
doing

princess leah
honestly
im bored of my blonde hair
wanna dye it

princess freya
are you kidding
yes????

princess leah
i knew you would say yes
can you pick up the darkest brown
you can find at cvs on ur way to caits??

princess freya
ill be there in 20

Leah opens the door for Freya once she knocks, knowing that Caitlin wouldn't mind her coming over.

"What colour did you get?" She immediately asks, not even bothering to say hello.

Freya hands her the bag with a smile while taking off her shoes and jacket. "The darkest brown, like you asked me to."

She opens the bag and sees the box of dye, which is probably the darkest shade of brown that's not black. She smiles at Freya, beckoning her to follow her to Caitlin's bathroom that's connected to her bedroom.

  "Oh my God, why is it so messy in here?" Freya looks around, a baffled look on her face. "Caitlin's, like, the most organized person I know."