xi. fashion girl

( October 20th, 2022. )

Leah and Caitlin have been dating for month ( officially ), and while they both swore up and down that they wouldn't be one of those cringy couples, they just couldn't help it.

   While their relationship hasn't been perfect, it was by far the healthiest relationship they've ever been in. They just understood each other.

Leah's currently browsing through the candy isle at Target, trying to find the perfect treat for Caitlin. Freya, of course, was dragged along.

"Frey, what do you think of these?" She questions, tilting her head to the side while holding up a KitKat chocolate bar.

Freya looks at her for a second, before shrugging and looking at the floor. "I don't know what Caitlin's favourite chocolate bar is, to be honest. You can't go wrong with a KitKat, though."

"True." She agrees, chucking it into the cart. "God, I wish Americans had Smarties."

Freya looks at her with a dumbfounded expression, "Lee, we do?"

Leah scoffs, grabbing the so-called "Smarties" off of the shelf. "Freya, these are not Smarties. Smarties have chocolate in them, not some kind of chalk."

They probably look ridiculous to anyone going by them, they're both in pyjama shorts and in their girlfriends oversized hoodies. Not to mention, the messy buns on the top of their heads.

"Oh," she mutters after a brief pause, "I always forget you're Canadian."

The blonde puts back the candy on the shelf, "how? I literally always criticize you and the girls for being overly American."

Freya shrugs again, not knowing what to say. "Do you wanna go look at the sushi isle?"

"Yes, please." Nodding, she turns the cart around. "I don't wanna do too much, I mean it's our one month anniversary, not our one year anniversary, but I think that after we get the sushi, we should be good to go?"

Looking down at the almost full cart, she realizes that she did go overboard. She couldn't help it though, it feels like Caitlin's always the one spoiling her, she deserves it.

"Cool, I'm really happy for you, Lee. You deserve it."

She pushes Freya lightly from where they're walking next to each other, "don't get sentimental on me now."

They end up going to the self-checkout, and after a little argument about who's going to drive, Leah eventually wins because of a game of rock-paper-scissors.

   "Please don't kill me," the dark brunette pleads, looking scared for her life.

   "Don't be dramatic! I'm not that bad of a driver," she rolls her eyes as she says it, but once she notices Freya's deadpan look, she starts talking again. "Okay, but it wasn't my fault that mailbox was literally on the street."

    "Leah, it was literally attached to the ground before you rammed into it."

   "Well maybe it shouldn't have been that close to the sidewalk, blame the city not me."