August 2023 | »Princess Thief« by @xxsoteria

It is very exciting to have xxsoteria with us to feature their book »Princess Thief «as our book of the month! Underneath you can find the next interview where we talked about the authors and their story!

AUTHOR BIO

Soteria lives in the country known as the Pearl of the Orient, the Philippines. As a full-time architect, writing is her escape from reality. She began her journey on wattpad when she was in grade school and has been a decade long member of the community. Her belief in writing what she can't read fuels her passion, striving for the best she can do.

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

PREMISE

A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of all nobles and the savior of the helpless.

As her adventure continues, she discovers the real purpose of her role and identity. However, the twisted truth has already molded her being: before she is a princess or a thief, she is simply a monster that destroys everyone around her.

A monster named Carline Ezriel.

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

TEASER

Don't you dare cry, Carline! You're not a child anymore. I kept berating myself as my head stooped down, brushing off the tears forming in my lids before they fell.

I glanced back at where Night stood, only to find him right in front of me. He was not wearing the hood anymore and those blonde tendrils framed his face. Yet, the half-mask was still there, obstructing my view. The right side of the raven-colored mask glistened with black specks of glitter from the faint moonlight while the other half was plain black with a white clover under his left eye.

I searched for more details, like how his hair was slightly curled and almost pale blonde. I tried so hard to avoid his eyes, thinking that it may be a trick of the light or other ridiculous reasons but his gaze captured me. His eyes... His eyes were like mine.

The loathsome color of violet...

"I can't explain anything to you yet, Princess. You're still too young to understand."

"Wha—"

"But old enough to make a decision," he continued.

The breeze from the door suddenly grew colder and stronger. It continued to be restless like it knew something was about to change. Night looked at me intently with those same glowing irises that glimmered like amethyst. The ones I always saw in my reflection. The same colored eyes that took everything from me, and spoke.

"Do you want to be a thief?"

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

INTERVIEW

1. How did you start writing on Wattpad?

Before I started writing, I have always been an avid reader. After reading countless books, several what ifs comes to my mind. I imagine the ending I would like or the scene that I would deem perfect for me, eventually causing me to grab a notebook and jot it down. That few bullet notes gradually turned to pages of chapters and when I discovered wattpad, that's when I got more invested. I began writing here and had a helpful community to help me, especially when I was young and inexperienced at that time.

2. What was the inspiration for your book "Princess Thief"? If you could describe your story in only three words, what would they be?

The three words are probably "childhood dark fantasy". Mostly because Princess Thief is heavily inspired from different fairytales I read when I was young. It was like combining all the good parts I love into one story. This has been a long work-in-progress thinking how to make it unique and purposeful. I imagined it as a simple daydream of what-ifs but would never want to see when I sleep — fun, exciting, and some drama to add in the mix. To be more specific, it has the aspects of Cinderella having a godmother and two sisters, the imprisonment of Carline, the main character, just like Rapunzel, and of course, the heroic adventures of Robin Hood.

3. Which details or scenes in "Princess Thief" are most unique and interesting?

For me, one unique detail is the gift of Amica, the special race in the story. Every single gift is one of a kind because the purpose of the gift is to help the human who is bound to experience a life of tragedy, thus a blessing from their goddess. I also like the invocation of their magic by using their second names, pretty simple but does that work.

4. If you were a character in your story, which one would you be and why?

As much as I love my characters, each one of them has a heavy burden and mental baggage to carry but if I really have to choose, it'll be Princess Priscilla. She's just a side character but she's pretty chill. Definitely a scene-stealer in my opinion.

5. Do you intend to write another book in the future? What advice would you give to other writers who wish to try writing as well?

Yes, absolutely. I'm currently writing the sequel of Princess thief which is called Mortal Goddess. It will cover more about the history of the gifts and its origin. What makes me excited about it more is the fact that the main character for the next book is the antagonist of Princess Thief.

As for the advice, I want to emphasize that it is okay to rest when you don't feel like writing. Don't pressure yourself and prioritize your health, be it physically or mentally, all the time. Writing is a progressive learning. It is never a matter of who finishes first, so let's try to be one of the people who stays for a long time instead.

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚

And we end our amazing interview with xxsoteria here. Thank you for being with us this August. We all hope you all got to know the author like us and discovered some unique details about the story, »Princess Thief«. We will see you next month with another amazing story.