27

****
Eduardo.

Aviva avoided me, and I knew that what I did was shitty but I was mad at them, I was mad at Alejandro when I told him not to bring her. Aviva hated blood and I did not want her around it. After what happened at the homeless shelter I did not want her to witness blood again. I felt stupid for reacting like that but being powerless was not something I wanted to feel after what Rio did to me.

I never wanted to think of what happened back in the beach house but he messed me up badly, for weeks I was in pain. I tried to be strong but I was hurting badly.

Now, I was sitting in my bed while Lisa cleaned my room and Carlos went over what Benito told him about our shipment going to Venezuela, I did not like how slow it was going, it was supposed to arrive at the end of January but I could not do anything about it.

I called Louisa, my accountant to track the money that was entering my off-shore accounts. I had so much to do but I was sitting in my bed because of fucking Rio. My men and I tracked him down and enlisted Lorenzo's help to catch him. It did not go as planned and he managed to shoot me twice. I was not happy with the way things were going with Rio. He was like a fucking roach I could not get rid of.

It had been five days since that night and I was stuck in bed on Doctor Fatima's demand. I was fine but Alejandro wouldn't listen. He was mad at me for how I acted toward Aviva, which surprised me.

Aviva did not visit after that morning which frustrated me. I wanted to request her presence but I knew she was angry with the way I treated her, I was a fucking asshole.

"The construction workers in Madrid are on schedule, Mr Rocco is glad to inform you that it will be done in a few month time."

"How is the tracking of Rio's?" I asked, adjusting the pillow I was leaning on.

"Nothing, radio silence, his men have shown face since we are not sure he is even in Los Angeles again."

"He is, he is hiding somewhere, probably in the Russian territory. How is the spy you sent?"

"He says there is nothing special, except that there is an operation that even he doesn't know about, he suspects that they are trading skins."

My eyes looked up, "skins? Children?"

"He cannot say, but he suspects when are involved, they are some packages shipped to Europe," I clenched my jaw.

Viktor had no limits, he was fucking disgusting! I was not far from him but skin was my limit. Skin trading or human trafficking was the one thing I swore off of, I could not imagine shipping women and children and even men all around the world for slavery and other purposes.

"We can not get involved, Don Marco talking to the governor of California, they have not been any real respond so we are waiting."

"What next?" I asked. He shook his head, "That is all for the day," I nodded as rubbed my stomach, and my mind went back to Aviva. I should talk to her.

"Where is Aviva?" I asked and Carlos looked up, "I am not sure boss, I saw her going to the library, or something."

"You can leave, get Dino on Alessio Ricci, I want to know why he has been pooping up all around LA."

"Alright boss."

****
I was out of bed, my guards were not happy with me but I did not give a fuck about them! I could not stay in that room a minute longer, I would go fucking crazy. I climbed the stairs with much difficulty, the east wing was far away anymore but I felt my strength left my entire body.

I knocked on the door to the room, and she was probably still asleep, after all, it was still very early in the morning. I opened the door, and Aviva was sitting on the balcony.