15

"Michael. This is my last day working".

Michael didn't say anything. He stayed still, unsure what to do. His anger only became more intense. It was the securities fault. They made him leave. Michael had finally been reunited with his obsession and now he was being taken away. He was tempted to stand up and start a rampage. Killing anything and everything living in his way... but he didn't want to scare (Y/n) away. He thought rationally for the first time.

He'll kill everyone once (Y/n) leaves.

(Y/n) noticed Michael had calmed down. He still had his guard up though. He inched closer and apologized. "Sorry. I should have told you earlier- but I made my decision last minute. Don't think about it too much, alright?". In an attempt to make things less intense, (Y/n) continued, "write me letters again, okay? I'll read them!" He smiled before heading towards the door. He didn't look back. He didn't dare. He knew Michael wouldn't react well. But what would he do? There was no way he could harm anyone just because someone he knew was leaving him, right? Besides, (Y/n) still thought it was a bit awkward that Michael still had a deep connection to him. It's been several years. Why was Michael still so attached?

"Goodbye Mikey".

Michael didn't say anything. Deep down he knew what he would do again. He'll see (Y/n) soon.

-

(Y/n) hummed along to (song name) that was currently playing on the radio. He moved his head to the beat and continued down the road. The dirt path soon turned into concrete. The city of Haddonfield was something (Y/n) was used to.

He had called his mother earlier, letting her know he'll be moving back to the city, only in his own apartment this time.

(Y/n) wasn't sure about what to do now. He could go back to school or get a job. He already had some education and graduated with a minor. That would be enough to get him a decent paying job in a local hospital.

The car soon came to a stop. He knocked on the door and soon enough (Y/n)'s mom opened the door. She immediately pulled him into a hug, "you're back!" (Y/n) chuckled as his mom pulled him into the house. "I made you some dinner. I know you been ordering out," she playfully scolded. (Y/n) sat down on the dinner table. His mom soon joined him, bringing him his plate off food, as well as her own. As they both started eating, (Y/n)'s mom was the first one to speak up. "So what happened? Why did you quit?"

(Y/n) knew he couldn't tell her the truth. She'll freak out, and get mad about him lying to her. He quickly thought of something. "I missed the city. I can't stand working in the middle of no where. It got boring". (Y/n)'s mom laughed. "Working in the middle of no where does seem exhausting". As they are their food, (Y/n) thought back to Michael. What would he do? (Y/n) had given him his new address, so the letters wouldn't reach his mom anymore. But will Michael write? And should (Y/n) write back?

He was conflicted, until he remembered something. Has his mom not noticed the absence of letters these past weeks?"

(Y/n) paused. There was no way his mom hasn't noticed. So did she know? Was she just hiding it? (Y/n) sighed and decided not to mention anything. "So when are you moving to your new place?" His mom asked. "Tomorrow. I should start packing," (Y/n) nervously said. His mom nodded, "go pack. I'll pick up dinner and put the dishes away". (Y/n) nodded, thanked his mom for the food, and headed to his old room.

He shut the door behind him and started to gather anything that was important. He put his clothes in a luggage, put his shoes in a boxes, and put anything that had a special meaning to him away. He opened his closet, revealing more clothes. He started to pick through what he wanted to take and noticed a small box in between the back shelves. He rose a brow, confused, and grabbed it. "What's this?" He said to himself before laying it on his bed. He noticed that at the top, the word "memories" was written in sharpie. He slowly opened the lid and revealed photos, toys, and other trinkets. He immediately recognized some of the things. "I forgot about these," he said and rose up some of the toys he had as a kid. He then moved onto the photos. They were dusty, but weren't wrinkled or anything. They were in good shape, making it easy to see. The first one was it his mother and him. His younger self was in a swing, with his mom pushing him. I wonder who took the photo. The second one was of just (Y/n) eating spaghetti, with sauce all over his mouth. (Y/n) laughed and looked at the third one. He immediately stopped laughing and saw a photo he doesn't remember taking. It was a picture of a dead animal. (Y/n) immediately put the picture down. "What the fuck?" He said in disgust. He stood up and walked over to the bathroom, splashing his face with cold water before taking a few breathes. "Who would put that?" He said to himself. Michael would. But how did Michael get there?

(Y/n) walked back to his room and went over the next few photos, which was of (Y/n) and occasionally his mom. He then flipped to the last photo. He stared down at it, shocked to see a photo of him and Michael. They were both sitting on swings, with their backs facing the camera. His mother had definitely took this photo secretly. Michael was lazily sitting on the swing with his legs stretched out on the floor. (Y/n) was holding tightly on the swing, looking at Michael with a smile. Michael however, wasn't smiling. He was just staring off into the distance.

Seeing this gave (Y/n) chills. Looking back at it, yes, there was warning signs. His mom was always to busy to notice, Ronnie was just an irresponsible piece of shit, and Judith was always hoeing around. (Y/n) sighed, a wave of sadness suddenly overcoming him. He hadn't realized how lucky he was to have a supportive mother. He put the photos back in the back, putting the "memories" shoe box into a bigger box, that will be transported to his new apartment.

Once he finished packing, he headed downstairs to let his mother know and ended up falling asleep on the couch.

-

Michael watched as the new nurse left his pills next to his bed and onto the side table. She had been to scared to come near Michael. She quickly left and closed the door, not saying anything, and not attempted to get to know him.

Michael ignored the pills and immediately threw the water glass onto the wall, breaking it into smithereens.

He had to see (Y/n).