Ch 1

"Brother, do you think they'll like me?" Hia gazed at her reflection in the large mirror as the maids worked on fitting her dress for her upcoming party.

"They'll love you. You're sweet and amazing; they'll adore you just as much as I do!" Jimin said confidently from her bed

Ever since his little sister was born, he had been her constant companion and protector. He was always there for her, through thick and thin, and he took his vow to protect her very seriously. They grew up inseparable and shared an unbreakable bond. They trusted each other implicitly and knew each other's secrets.

"You've known me since forever, but these people will be meeting me for the first time. I don't want to give them the wrong impression of myself," she sighed.

"You are in control of your power now, Hia. It's different from before, and both your mother and father agree that you are ready," he stated firmly.

She smiled at herself in the mirror. Her features were soft and angelic, and her lips were full like her brother's. Although they both had blonde hair from their mother, her ice-blue eyes set her apart from the rest of her family. If not for her striking resemblance to her brother, people might think the queen was unfaithful to the king.

She felt nervous but knew she had to stay calm to avoid problems. She had been training for a long time to be allowed to be in public. Hia was raised in a sheltered setting on a vast estate, yet she had never encountered anyone from the outside world apart from her brother and the household staff. Her brother's friends, all princes, were forbidden from seeing her. She was whisked off to a chateau whenever they came. Her powers were wild and dangerous, a liability to those around her. It was too risky to have her near others with such abilities.

Hia was born different but loved just as much as her brother. Her family tried to include her, but she always felt disconnected.

"Why do you have ice power? Why can't you be like everyone else, including your brother? Why must you be different?" she thought

"You were chosen to be special because you are meant for amazing things, my snowflake," Jimin declared confidently as he strode over to her.

"I know. Thank you," she replied, with a slight smile.

"You look absolutely stunning, by the way. The choice of this dress color is excellent, as it makes your eyes stand out," he exclaimed enthusiastically.

"Do you think it's too much? Maybe delicate slippers and a silver choker would work," she asked.

"Your Highness, would you like me to fetch you a few slipper options?" Hana, her maid, asked.

"Would you be so kind?" she smiled. Hana bowed and went to gather her gown slippers.

"Would you please consider trying on a heel?" he asked, slightly pouting.

She smiled and replied, "You know my balance is terrible and I don't want to embarrass myself tonight. Maybe next time, okay?"

"I'll hold you to that," he mumbled before saying, "I'm going to try on my suit for tonight and prepare the rooms for the guys who will be here in a few hours."

He blew a kiss before walking out the door, leaving Hia staring at her dress for a few more minutes. The gown was a delicate pale blue, adorned with detailed crystals, and cinched at the waist with a golden leaf belt. Its long sleeves and asymmetrical cut, falling to her ankle, draped elegantly off her shoulders, offering a glimpse of her fair skin. A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts as she mulled over her jewelry choices.

As soon as Hia's father, King Park Hae, entered the room, everyone present, including Hia, bowed respectfully towards him. Hia knew he was probably here to ensure she understood the importance of the evening and to ensure her dress was appropriate.

"Hia, you look absolutely stunning!" he exclaimed with a big smile.

"Thank you so much, Papa," she replied happily.

"I'm unsure about the shoulders, but I'll let it slide since it's your birthday," he said with a slight frown.

Rolling her eyes, she couldn't suppress a grin at him, which he mirrored. Her father was her world, and she recognized his actions were always rooted in love. Sent away during her teens, she harbored resentment, yet she grasped the necessity for her growth. Despite occasional clashes with her father, he never held grudges, understanding her battle with feeling out of place among her peers. His steadfast dedication to his principles, along with his empathy, distinguished him as an exceptional leader.

"Hia, tonight is a special occasion as it is your birthday and welcoming ceremony. This event is significant because you will be introduced to our kingdom's high society and meet representatives from neighboring kingdoms for the first time. They will be staying for their visitation, and I want you to be welcoming to them. Although they may not be as well-known to you as your brother who has known them for years, now that we know you have better control of your powers, you can start building bonds with them," he said.

"Papa, I'll do my best to make tonight unforgettable. I hope to bond with the princes and make this a memorable birthday." She smiled and squeezed her father's hand.

"Okay, my little star. I know you will," he said, kissing her hand. "Our guest will be here soon. You must stay in this room until the party. Understood?"

"Yes, Papa," she sighed.

"Almost there, my love. Trust me, it's worth it," he said as he exited her room.

Soon, she will be introduced to the kingdoms and will be able to visit them during the visitations. She may even go to the city to meet people like her brother did. As Hana finally returned with all her slipper options, nearly dropping them out the window, she couldn't help but smile and dance happily.