TWENTY-FIVE

Aropians believe in the power of their ancestors much like Alkebulans, but not many are able to connect with them.

-

Z A E L A H

"How do you feel about me?" Malik questioned with very noticeable curiosity.

"I like you," I answered, pulling a smile and eye roll from him.

"You can go more in-depth than that."

"Well, I feel more relaxed with you than I do with my own family, I want to be the only person on your mind and in your life which is selfish, but I don't care," I expressed as I met his eyes in a contact that I knew I didn't want to break because it brought me a sense of peace.

"I constantly crave to hear your voice like I'd go deaf without it, I also want to feel your hands against me like it's the only way you're able to express your feelings for me. I enjoy the way you look at me and I love how you kiss me. If I'm being entirely honest, I once hated feeling like this since I viewed it as unnatural." I confessed looking away from his eyes as I felt like I was saying too much yet that didn't stop me from continuing.

"I've only known you for a few days yet here I am wanting you to be next to me every second of the day, you cloud my thoughts and I'm unable to stop it."

Malik used his hand to lift my gaze to his, showing me the happiness and relief brimming in his eyes at my words like he had been waiting to hear them for years.

"I'm powerless when it comes to you."

He offered me a soft smile before he spoke.

"I know the feeling,"

Those words brought me more comfort than my own mother hugging me and I guessed it was because I was now assured that I wouldn't be alone, drowning in these never-ending feelings.

"Any more questions?" I asked after clearing my throat, centering myself.

"What can I do to make your mother love me?" Malik inquired, drawing a grin onto my lips because his question showed me how invested he was in our relationship.

"Gift her lilies. They are her favourite flowers."

"Noted," Malik remarked before speaking again.

"Do you want a relationship with me?" He asked, silently expressing his doubts about how serious I was about us, though I couldn't blame him since I had told him before that I wouldn't be with him because of all the lives he took and I guess that defeated the chance of him building security around our relationship even though I had expressed how wrong I was about him earlier.

"I thought that was evident." I voiced and he gave me a little nod.

"I just want to make sure."

"You have nothing to worry about, I won't leave you unless you give me a reason to," I told him in hopes my words would give him a sense of security and a feeling of assurance.

"Do you want to stay here? With me? For more than a week." He questioned me and I bit my lip, catching the subtle hope in his voice which made it more difficult to say no, despite not wanting to.

"I'll think about it, I still have a kingdom to run." I articulated and he nodded to show me he understood.

"Speaking of your kingdom, if the time came for you to take your spot as Alpha, would you?"

This was probably the most difficult question he had asked because I could never see myself leaving Aropia but now that Malik was in the picture I wasn't fairly certain I wouldn't.