Chapter 5

Dinner

"No, no, no! Higher!" inis kong utos.

Halos mabitawan na ng babae ang gunting sa labis na pagkataranta ngunit nanatili pa rin ang dagta sa aking noo.

I don't want to look like a villain right here, but when when it comes to clothes and fashion you better keep the scissors perfect with precision, or I might need to take matters into my own hands and cut your stupid brain instead.

"I-I think it's too high now, My Lady."

I let out an exaggerated sigh. "Of course! I told you to cut it short. Do you think long is short?" My words sound so dumb explaining to this witch.

She had no choice but to begin cutting the blanket-like dress.

I've just finished my business inside that... cramped, little bathroom and hell! It was hell! Can you imagine how I fit—no, I squeezed myself in there? That was the worst bath I've ever experienced.

Binalik ko ang atensyon sa kasalukuyang lagim na kinahaharap ko ngayon. I just checked the cabinet in this chamber and what I found inside is even worse than my dog's outfits.

The colors are dull, the quality is on the verge of falling apart, and everything is killing me!

Ngunit nahagip ng mata ko ang isang kulay itim na bestida. Masasabi kong mataas ang kalidad ng tela nito, the only problem is it's too long.

One glance and I know that I'd look like a nun!

Kaya ngayon ay inutusan ko si Lily—my personal maid, upang putulin ang kahabaan ng bestida.

"Is this better now, My Lady?"

Sinenyasan ko s'yang iikot ang kasuotan at nang tuluyang makita ang kabuoan nito ay napatango na lamang ako.

"But why did you choose this black dress, Your Highness? Most of the dresses in your wardrobe are royal or light blue as they symbolizes the color of your Realm," she curiously asked.

"I would never wear a sack—the dresses left in there wasn't half enough better than a sack's quality," usal ko bago ito lapitan at hayaan ang kamay na damhin ang magaan ngunit mataas na kalidad ng damit.

The shoes weren't an issue, as I couldn't deny that the sandals I chose were pleasing to my eyes.

"Oh! We're sorry—"

I snatched the dress in her hands and signalled her to leave. "Go, just call me when it's that family dinner time na," bagot kong utos.

"But it's almost dinner time, Your Highness! Let me assist you."

"I won't repeat myself, maid. I'm going to handle this on my own," I emphasized, causing her to lower her head in a sign of defeat, and then left.

It made me curious how everyone always ensured to lock the door before leaving, which is the reason why I'm trapped in this room.

I just rolled my eyes and turned my back from the door. Sinumulan kong tanggalin ang panlabas na saplot ng aking katawan at inisang tingin ang damit na ngayo'y pulido nang pinutol bago ito tuluyang suotin.

I gently ran my fingers through my hair and styled it in a low ponytail, leaving some strands to frame the side of my face. I used the thin strip of fabric cut from the black dress I am wearing to hold my hair together.

Tuluyan akong tumayo at humakbang patungo sa harap ng salamin. There, I have the full gaze of this beautiful lady radiating in her black dress.

Kakaiba ang lalim ng kaniyang malakaragatang mga mata... misteryoso ngunit payapa.