Chapter 7

Mother

Ang mata ng mga manonood ay tila napailalim sa ritmo at bilis ng bawat galaw ng dalawang magkatunggali. Ngunit sinasalamin ng kanilang tingin ang pilit na tinatagong pagkamangha.

Lahat ay tutok na tutok sa harapan upang matanaw ang dalawang pigura na tila sumasayaw sa musika ng karahasan.

Second Prince, Aelius Drustan Vicensaire, renowned for his brutality in battle, finds himself wounded by a mere cursed lady.

"Did... did she just wound Brother Aelius?" Lyricus, the fifth prince of the Saires, questioned with evident confusion.

No one could manage to answer the obvious dilemma, kitang-kita nila kung paano napaatras ang ikalawang prinsipe dahil sa pagdaplis ng espada ng dalaga.

"T-that's impossible! Aelius is definitely just playing it easy on her," Third Princess Marcellina denied, trying to stifle the same confusion.

"But... My Lady is skillfully matching Young Prince's moves," wala sa sariling sabat ng isang dama mula sa dulo. Her eyes were glued infront.

"Shut your filthy mouth, maid!"

Naibalik ng lahat ang atensyon sa sentro nang mapansin ang tensyong namamayani sa dalawang naglalaban. The playfulness vanished from the prince's face as they delved into the mysterious conversation.

Bihira itong magpakita ng mabigat na galit, dahilan upang magbulungan ang karamihan dulot ng pagtataka.

Marcellina secretly arched her brow. She had never seen her brother this serious... but then she realize and come up to something.

"Brother won't play easy on her this time," she confidently uttered.

"Brother Aelius was serious... He wasn't holding back throughout that entire fight," Larcus muttered meaningfully, his tone showed no humor, dahilan upang mapalingon ang kakambal nito.

"When did she even learn how to hold a sword?" Lyricus whispered.

Even though everyone firmly believed that the second prince is only holding back against cursed lady, they couldn't deny how the princess is wielding the sword as if it were a mere cloth. Magaan ngunit mabilis ang pagkontrol nito sa espadang halos kasing laki lamang niya.

Muling inangat ng dalawa ang sandata at pigil hiningang nasubaybayan ng lahat ang pambihirang bilis ng prinsipe at kalkuladong galaw ng prinsesang tila nakikipaglaro lamang sa tubig.

No one shouted a cheer as every clash of their blades suddenly stopped... because Pheryncia didn't hesitate to release her grip on her sword and willingly welcome her opponent's sharp blade to pierce her body.

Everyone's eyes widened... yet, Marcellina quickly regained her composure and chuckled softly.

"Such a loss. Mother... didn't even witness this."

She smirked and followed the twin who's panicking because of the sudden appearance of the palace's captain—Caphilianzo.

Ang binata ay kanina lamang nagmamasid sa pangyayari. His feet remained rooted to the ground as he watched the princess raise her sword, embodying both captain and warrior itself but then later on surrendered it on the ground.

Alam nitong tila tinalikuran niya ang resposibilidad na itinalaga ng Hari.

He never wanted to protect the youngest Princess in the first place... which is why he only appeared at the moment she suddenly surrendered herself by the sharpness of the sword.

Confusion enveloped Lianzo as he witnessed the lady he despised the most suddenly changed in every aspect... and guilty by how he turned his back against his duty.