† The thunderstorm †

The room smelled of freshly washed bedding, all his things were left in their places just as he had left them, the walls were covered by various models in underwear, photos of him, Bree and Sarah were still sitting on the bulletin board above his ...

The room smelled of freshly washed bedding, all his things were left in their places just as he had left them, the walls were covered by various models in underwear, photos of him, Bree and Sarah were still sitting on the bulletin board above his desk, and even Bree's sweater was still hanging on his chair. Not that it would suit her anymore and the color was just horrible, he thought and sat down on his old bed.

It was such a strange feeling to be in the room he had slept in all these years and the window behind his back that was across from Brees. All night they played with the flashlights when they couldn't sleep and had flashing codes for different words.

"Are you sitting here alone, darling?" his mother's voice is heard in the doorway, and Killian looked up at her.

The emotions were overwhelming for him to see her after these two years, and she hadn't aged a day. Her long brown hair was lightly curled, framing her face and her cheeks shaped dimples from her soft smile. Her brown eyes were in tears, and she lashed out her arms in a hug as he stood up.

"Oh— my boy. How I've missed you," she sniffled, hugging him in a back-crushing tight hug.

"I've missed you too, Mum," he said in a trembling voice, inhaling the scent of her lavender perfume.

"Let me look at you," she said, embracing his face with her hands and studying him up closely. "You look thin Killian, and why ruin yourself with all these tattoos?"

He already knew that she would mention his tattoos as she had never understood why people get them, but that she would mention that he had become thin made him wonder if they had forgotten what he looked like in these two years.

"Mum I've always been thin, and regarding the tattoos, we have different opinions, so we don't discuss it," he replied, placing his hands on top of hers.

"Do you take care of yourself over there? You don't take drugs or drink a lot in the evenings, do you?" she asks worriedly, looking into his eyes.

"Don't worry, besides, I have Bree there. You know she would call you if something worried her," he said convincingly, and they sat themselves on the edge of the bed facing each other.

"How are things between you and Bree? Are you still friends? Lovers?" asks his mum while wiping her tears away, causing Killian to blush.

"We're still just friends... I've been dating a girl named Jolie since a few months back," he paused and lowered his gaze.

"Do you love this girl, Jolie?"

Killian chuckles and looks up at his mum's curious face while shaking his head.

"No, it's nothing serious. I've dated a lot of girls the last two years but... It's all so superficial."

"I was sure there would be something between you and Bree after all these years," she grinned softly in an exhalation and stroked a strand of hair from his forehead. "I know for sure she would have wanted that."