Wattpad Orijinal İçeriği
Ücretsiz 10 bölüm kaldı

Ch. 10: Infidelity in the Party

Charlotte

Midnight approaches, yet people are still very much alive and pumped about what to come next. Once Emily pulls the confetti gun into the air, the light switches off, swallowing the elegant golden interior of the convention room with the darkness. Then the glowing disco lights bring the room back to life, and loud R&B music fills the air, encouraging people to leave their seats and flood the dance floor. For them, the night has started, but for me, it's time to call it a day.

The only thing I want now is to head back to my hotel room and fall flat on the bed.

During its 27th anniversary, Trisure throws back-to-back events at its hotels and resorts across the globe. Festive moods are in the air, and for us, who are working on the new marketing strategy, this is the moment we ride the hype to execute our plans. Work has become very demanding, and my days went by in one blink of an eye. I'm not complaining, though; I enjoy every bit.

The main party — the one with the entire Knight family present — will be held at the ballroom of the oldest hotel this weekend. And now we're still busy with the party marathon from one hotel branch to another, and it requires me to stay overnight for a few days. It's my first business trip since I joined Trisure, and my first time away from Ashton and Chloe after we moved in together, and I have to say it feels weird — not in a bad way.

"You're not staying bit for the party?" my colleague, Maria, asks when I gather my bag and my documents.

"No, not tonight. I just want to shower and sleep. Are you guys staying?"

"Yep."

"Alright. I'll bring the marketing materials back to the staff room, then."

"Are you sure?" my other colleague asks.

"Of course. Have fun, ladies!" I reply before walking to the door, waving at the two girls who are grinning at me.

"See you in the morn, Charlie!" the girls chorus before bouncing to the dance floor hand in hand, giggling in the process. I lowkey envy their stamina. After working hard all day long, they still have the energy for the party, while all I need now is my sleep. I guess it's a part of getting old.

I sigh when I see the remaining magazines, pamphlets, and brochures on the marketing desk, along with a crate of leftover goodie bags. They are more than I thought, but I've already offered.

"I thought I was going to find you on the dance floor tonight." A familiar male voice startles me, prompting me to turn around.

"Chadrick! What are you doing here?"

"Joining the party, I guess," he says as he saunters in my direction. Instead of his usual business outfit, he's only in his white polo shirt and blue jeans. He looks younger than his actual age, especially with the boyish grin he's wearing on his face right now.

"I mean, aren't you supposed to be in another city? Attending another event?"

"We finished early. It was more of a day event. Since you guys are in the nearby city, I thought I would just check out. I'm lucky they have one room here for me because of one guest's last-minute cancellation."

"Ah, I see. Well, then, what are you waiting for? Go in and check." I gesture at the door. The convention room is pretty insulated, but we still can hear muffled thumps of the music through the wall.

Chadrick looks at the door and averts his eyes back to me. "You're staying?"

"No, I'm not."

"Oh. I thought I could hang up a bit with you and have a drink or two."