All the World's a Stage

Finnick was relentless in trying to strategize a way for Evadine to win. He had never seen her with a weapon in hand. The only thing he could ever picture her holding was her guitar or a bundle of wildflowers. 

Evadine would nod along, indulging his advice, occasionally speaking with the career tributes that Finnick insisted she should align with. 

She appreciated his dedication to keeping her alive, but Evadine felt completely fine in her chance of survival. Even if she did die, she wondered if she would just be reborn again somewhere else. Dying took away the fear of death. 

"Okay, for the individual assessments... You can try wielding some weapons... Or maybe just sing for them and they'll give you a few points." Finnick had complete faith in her ability to win sponsors and gain loyal alliances... fighting, however. 

"Finn... I'll be fine. I told you, I know how to handle weapons." She said cupping his face affectionately. Mags waved off Finnick's concerns giving Eva a look that loosely translated to "Ugh... boys."

"Come on. Time for Individuals." Lowell beckoned her forward, his hand found itself on her upper back gingerly pushing her towards the elevator. 

She turned to catch one final glimpse of Finnick, seeing the worry painted on his handsome features she smiled. Her reassuring grin didn't seem to lift his spirits at all. She could practically see his blonde hair turning grey under the stress. 

They were led to a room with the other victors all waiting for their turn. 

Eyes burned into the little siren as they waited. Everyone knew that Evadine had an advantage. The capitol knew her long before she volunteered. She was pretty and a performer, she held the hearts of all of Panem. Sponsors would already be on their knees to gift her things. Though it was an advantage, it also put a huge target on her back and they all knew it. 

"Lowell Basset, District Four, please prepare for individual assessment." Lowell shot her a tight smile as he stood to go into the assessment chamber. 

She had thought long and hard about what she would do in individual assessment. She could play it weak like Joanna would, so at least the others would view her as nothing more than a music-loving little girl. But the thought was quickly put out of her head... 

Evadine Ripley had learned something about herself during her second life... She lived to be the drama. 

She got such a thrill from playing the game, from performing. She liked showing off and being adored even if it was shallow. There was also a part of her that was annoyed that Finnick had no faith in her fighting ability. 

So as her name was called, she made up her mind... she was going to score a twelve. 

She entered the grand space. 

A wall of weapons sat at attention as well as a guitar. She smiled. She knew the guitar was for her, but she wouldn't be singing today. 

She strutted to the middle of the room, the eyes of every judge fixed on her as she smiled. She stood arms wide green eyes alight with a mischievous glee. 

"Ladies, Gentlemen, and Non-binary observers I bid you welcome!" She gave her iconic bow and every observer sat at attention waiting for the show to start. She knew she had their ears, she was going to own the stage. 

"I believe that all the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts. I am a performer at heart you know, a slave to my audience!" She spoke dramatically, smiling cunningly.