Call of the Siren

As the third day fell to a close the music of the Capitol filled the Arena. Evadine looked to the sky seeing the faces of the now dead children, dead from exposure most likely. 

On the first day, ten died in the cornucopia, one a few hours after. 

On the first night, three more died from the freezing cold. 

Evadine had been gifted an undersuit that trapped and generated body heat with a note that read, "Keep singing. -F" It was nearly magical, how it kept her warm and blocked out the painfully cold wind. 

There was no food to scavenge in this arena, no wood to burn for fire, no running water only snow, ice, and the occasional monster sent to kill them in the night. 

On the second day, she came face to face with a horned polar bear, it had clawed up her arm, but it fell just like the other children, with an axe between its eyes. She used the fur and fat of the conquered beast as firekindling to melt snow for water. 

She ate the meat so she was decently content. 

Finnick sent her another gift, a jar for her wound. The note read, "Love you. -F" No doubt the poor boy had nearly died of fright when she fought the beast. Her wound healed over night though four jagged scars were now permanently carved into her golden flesh. She watched an avalanche occur across the arena when she watched from a higher vantage point. Boom. Boom. BOOM! One after the other so many died. 

As the sun rose on the third day only four remained.

Many died due to exposure, unable to handle the extreme cold. Not many had a doting boyfriend shaking down sponsors for them. Many tried to eat the snow to satisfy their dehydration, but unfortunately, the cold snow lowered their body temperature too much for their heart to keep up with. 

Many were starving and tried to conserve energy by sleeping, unfortunately slowing their heart rate and freezing to death in their sleep. 

The biggest enemy in this arena was ironically enough...Snow.

It would soak through clothes only to freeze the tributes. The elements were killing the tributes far more than the other tributes. The game would be very boring if it weren't for Evadine Ripley. 

The third sun rose and something inside of her warned that the games would end that day. Two Careers remained in the arena, Monty and Valia, both from District One. Surprisingly the other survivor was Lowell, her fellow District Four tribute. If Evadine was completely honest, she was shocked the scrawny boy had survived so long.

Evadine snapped awake from on top of the glacier hearing the sloppy crunch of a boot on snow. She was small and light enough to climb up the smooth ice face, protecting her from the others as she slept. She peaked over the side seeing one running form weaving between the spikes of ice protruding from the ground. 

The blood red stood out against the white jacket that all were forced to wear when they entered the arena. 

Two more followed in hot pursuit like lions hunting the injured gazelle. Carefully she made her way down the ice face once more, trying to quiet her movements as she crouched down in a crevice between glaciers. She watched a bleeding form stumble past her. 

Lowell Basset clutched his bleeding side as he crawled into one of the shallow caves formed in the ice. She knew that he would be seen if she didn't do anything, so the Siren did what she did best. 

Using the walls of Ice, she positioned herself so that the acoustics of her voice would echo making it difficult to find her position. She pulled off her jacket, stuffing the hood and sleeves with blocks of ice and snow.