CH:2- The dinner

Aditi's POV

Me and Suhani were going downstairs to the dinning room when l suddenly stopped, l was feeling nervous, having a sort of a gut feeling that drama was about to happen.

"What happened Aditi, are u alright?" Suhani asked.

"Yeah l m fine" I said as we made our way down the stairs.

We reached the main hall where everyone was sitting and before l could look around to greet everyone l was pulled into a tight hug.

"Congratulations Aditi! We are so proud of you," said Ashita.

"Thank you so much darling! I m really happy to see you," l replied excitedly.
I was meeting her after a really long time as whenever we made plans we would end up cancelling them last minute due to some or the other reason.

Everyone was congratulating me when one of my aunt suddenly said "Aditi we agree that you're are big doctor now but l am sure you don't even know how to turn on the gas," she said in her usual mocking tone.

"I sure do, and l m sure you must be well trained in handling the medical equipments right?, l mean that's a piece of cake, all you gotta do is just open a video from yestube and follow the instructions ," l replied sarcastically.
Everyone was staring at me as if l just committed a crime, while Suhani and Ashita were trying their best to control their laugh.
I mean l wasn't wrong here for replying back she very well knows how to get on my nerves everytime there's a family gathering, this was literally the first time l replied back to her l had to no choice.
I mean even l have a limit to my patience.
She herself has a daughter who's literally older than me and all she does is spend her dad's money and doesn't even know  how to earn even a single penny.
But anyways l don't wanna spoil my day because of her.

There was an awkward silence in the room.

"Dinner is ready, let's go have dinner," mom said awkwardly breaking the silence.

Ashita's mom is my bua(aunt) who's literally the sweetest one and the most fun person amongst the adults she came upto me and said, "Finally you spoke, good comeback though", she said in low voice but audible enough for just me and gave me a side hug before going to the dinning table with the rest of the family.

Everyone settled on the dinning table while the servents started serving the dinner.

I took my phone and texted Suhani and Ashita and made a group for us three.

The chat conversation ~

Ashita- "The plan is still on right?"

Aditi- "yeahh yeah."

Suhani- "You guys are gonna get us in trouble, lstg if anything happens l will you kill you guys!"

Aditi- "Offo Suhani chill out".

"What are you three doing on your phones?start having you dinner quickly before l take your phones ", mom said while giving us a strong glare.

We were having dinner peacefully and everyone was talking.
The adult were having their own conversations while we three were lost in our own when suddenly my aunt spoke up again.

"Aditi when are you planning on getting married?", she asked.

As soon as she asked me this question l choked on my food and Suhani was rubbing my back to calm me down as l drank water.
She asked if l was ok and l nodded.

Oh god l knew it, l knew it that some drama was gonna happen today.
I took a deep breath before replying calmly.

"I have no plans of getting married, l don't wanna get married right now", l said as politely as l could.

"You are already 25 aur kab shaadi karogi? Jab 40 saal ki ho jaogi??, aur late hogi toh koi acha ladka nhi milega!", she said.
("You are already 25 ,when will you get married? After 40?? The more you delay the more difficult it will become to find a good match for you!!", she said.)

"Akshara iske liye ladke dekhna shuru krdo aur isse thoda sudharo baado se baat krne ki tameez nhi hai isse, koi shaadi nhi krega isse. Pakka koi boyfriend hoga iska tabhi mana kr rahi hai.Akhir kab tak maa baap ke sir par boj bankar baithi rahegi yeh??!," she said to my mom.
("Akshara start finding a boy for her to get married and teach her some basic etiquettes on how to talk to her elders, or else no one will agree to marry her. I am sure she must be having a boyfriend that's why she's denying to get married right now. Till when will she continue being a burden on her parents," she said to my mom)

Everyone on the table was staring at her before anyone could react or say anything l decided to speak up for myself, she was getting too much to tolerate now.

"Enough!! Enough is enough, aunty about me respecting elders, l respect those who respect me, respect goes both ways!.
It's my life l can take my own decisions l don't need your opinion. I am capable enough to take care of my expenses unlike your daughter who's just a rich spoilt brat, so instead of giving a lecture of parenting to my parents l think it would be better if you take one from them because my parents raised me well-"

My dad cut me off
"She's not a burden on our shoulders, she's our strength and let me make this clear l won't take another word against her, she's independent, strong and capable enough to make decisions for her own self. The new car parked outside the house, it was Aditi who bought it herself, not just that but so much more, so before you judge her it would be better if you look at your own daughter first and stop disrespecting mine!", he replied in an angry tone.

My eyes were filled with tears this is the first time my dad took a stand for me, everytime my aunt would insult me, dad would just tell me to ignore it and calm down or end up scolding me.
He looked at me and gave me a smile.

Everyone on the table was staring at my aunt's embarrassed face and having their dinner quietly.
As soon as the dinner got over my aunt along with her husband left as she must be feeling embarrassed and honestly she deserved it after whatever she said. Her daughter couldn't come to the dinner as she was out with her friends as always. Though l think she should have come  as she is no less than her mom, she would have learned something atleast.

All the adults were sitting in the hall and talking while having icecream. Ashita's and my siblings were sitting along with them.

While me, Ashita and Suhani were still sitting on the dinning table and having our icecream.

"Oh god!! That aunt she never stops l m so glad she finally left, and l m happy that you finally took a stand for yourself Aditi"
Ashita said.

"I was fed up, she just wouldn't stop you know she does this everytime we meet!"
I said.

"Finally my girl learned to stand up for herself hush!!," said Suhani.

I smiled.

"Anyways guys let's finish it quickly and go to the hall where everyone is sitting." I said as we quickly finished our icecream.

Everyone had left only Ashita's parents were there in the hall waiting for us to come so that they could say bye to her before they left for their home along with her brother.

Me, Ashita and Suhani are doing a night stay at my place only.

Now everyone had left and we three were just going to my room when mom called me.

"Aditi come to my room for a few minutes, l need to talk to you" " Mom said and left for her room.

Suhani and Ashita went to my room to freshen up and l went to Mom and Dad's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello dear readers,
First of all, l would like to apologise for not being active as my exams are going on but l will try my best to post whenever l get the time.
Please ignore any grammatical errors as English is not my first language:)

Don't be a silent reader.
Please tell me your views in the comments and don't forget to vote;)

Follow my Instagram for spoilers and updates,
I'd - shewhowrites1608

Love,
Sanya<3