CH:4-Rejected

Aditi's POV

The three of us were sleeping peacefully in my room after our girl's night when l heard someone knock at the door.
I gathered my strength to get up and open the door as l was extremely tired as we slept late last night.
It was the housekeeper Maa had sent her to call the three of us for breakfast.

Ashita and Suhani got up after much effort and we freshened up and went down for breakfast.

"Good morning maa and papa", l said.

"Good morning beta", they replied.

Ashita and Suhani also wished them good morning and we sat at the dining table to have our breakfast.

My siblings were also there and talking to Ashita and Suhani. Everyone was engaged in some conversation while l was thinking about the conversation l had with my parents last night.

"Aditi beta don't go to the hospital today", said maa.
I looked at her with a confused expression.
"Why maa, is everything ok?", l said.

"Yes everything's fine, l telling you not to go to the hospital today as someone is coming to our house to see you for a marriage proposal ", said maa.

"ALREADYYY?!!!!", me, Ashita and Suhani shouted all together.

"Di is getting married??!!!", my siblings said in a excited tone.
But my glare was enough to shut their mouth.

"Yes already, Aditi we gotta start looking now so that we can find a good proposal for you, it's not an easy job!", said Maa.

"But-" l was cut off even before l could speak.

"No ifs and buts, have your breakfast quickly and go take a bath quickly, l have chosen an outfit for you to wear already and sent that to your room", Maa said.

I guess l have no other option left, l have to listen to her like always that's what l have been doing since day one.
Ashita and Suhani were looking at me with shock visible on their faces while l was eating my breakfast quietly.
I have no other option and it was me who said yes and after all this was supposed to happen so how does it even matter if it's happening now?

Everyone again went back to their conversation except me, l was just quietly sitting there and forcing the breakfast down my throat as l was still not ready for this that too so soon.

"Aditi don't worry, we aren't telling you to get married today itself right? We are just starting to look for a perfect match for you. We won't say yes directly without your consent", Maa said.

I nodded with a fake smile and quickly finished my breakfast.

"Suhani and Ashita you guys also get ready after breakfast", Maa said to them.

They nodded and smiled.

I got up and quickly went to my room to get ready.

I hopped into the shower to take a quick cold shower, it was much needed after all today was surely going to be hectic.
I pulled the knob to turn on the shower, as soon as the cold water hit my body l shivered but eventually got used to it.
My mind was filled with thoughts, I still miss him and l clearly am still not over him, how can l marry someone else?
"Do u have another option, as if he's ever going to come back to you", my subconscious mind mocked.
While l was still lost in my thoughts l realised l was getting late, l quickly finished taking the shower and went to the vanity in my walk in closet to do my makeup and hair. I was in my bathrobe.

"Aditi may we come in?", asked Suhani.

"Yeah yeah ofc", l replied.

They both entered and looked at me with a hint of sadness on their faces but we're quick enough to change their expressions in order not to hurt me more as they very well know this that l m not marrying happily but they didn't ask, they know that l am someone who doesn't hesitate to take a stand for myself and there must be a big reason behind this.