── ⋆⋅ First meet ⋅⋆ ──

"Sundr to mard bhi hota hai
Bss use pyaar karne vle ki Nazar se to dekhe"

Comfort is when you feel at ease or freedom

Comfort is when you feel at ease or freedom. My comfort is in my books. These books are imported from different princely states to our Kingdom and my father take these books very distinctively.

In my life, I was closed in these four walls. In the whole royal palace, if I was allowed to go somewhere that was either Library or Garden which was attached from the huge window of my chamber.

There were several reasons of it. Since the Mughals have been ruling, many Kings visits our kingdom for several works and my father don't want anyone to know that he has a daughter.

No one in the village actually know about my existence. Even only few workers and soldiers know that I exist. He just wants to protect me and I absolutely understand that.

When I used to stay in my chamber all day I used to get bored. That's when my father built a library in this palace which was attached to the garden from other side.

"Shivanya" my thoughts were interrupted by my father who just came to meet me in my chamber. He usually comes himself since i was not allowed to even go to his chamber. I ran and stood up in front of him as he hugged me lightly.

"What were you doing?" He asked as I broke the hug and smiled lightly "Ji Baba, I was reading books" he patted my head lightly and smiled. "Your teacher won't be coming for 2 days" he informed as I frowned "Why?" I asked as he replied "She is not well, child" he said as I nodded.

"Please sit" I said as we both sat on the couch "Which book are you reading?" He asked sitting comfortably "It's just fictional" I said as he nodded. "The thing is my child, you are now 20 and you need to be aware of few things" I frowned

"What few things baba?" I asked him as he clapped his hands two times as attendee bought some books with him and kept in on table before leaving. "These books have the knowledge you need to know."

He continued "You've learnt enough about politics and economy and you're enough to become a queen but these books have stories about your personal life" he said as I immediately understood and nodded my head.

"I'll read them baba" he smiled and stood up and was about to leave but then he turned and said "Also Shivanya, today guests are over and I recommend you to not to leave your chamber. Alright?" I nodded as he smiled and left

That's how my life is. It's always me and my chamber. It was late midnight and I could hear faint music playing in royal hall for guests. Music was in Urdu which meant that there were muslim guests as well.

I became thirsty all of sudden, picking up the jar I poured the water but only a little amount of it came which couldn't quench my thirst. Clapping hands to times, I waited for an attendee but no one entered.

I decided to go to kitchen myself since all the guests might be in royal hall. My anklet bells were ringing with each steps as after a while i reached the kitchen. It's like once in a year when I get this opportunity to go to kitchen.

As I was filling the water in my jug, I heard a deep hoarse voice of a man "How about the arrangements?" And then another man spoke "All set Hukum" and i shivered. They were coming towards the kitchen as I turned around.

There were two men, one was tall, well built and well dressed with straight face and small moustache and beard while the other one looked like a soldier.

Both of them stood frozen when they saw me but the tall man frowned a little and spoke "Who are you?" He asked as I gulped. His voice sent shivers down my spine.

Suddenly one more man came towards them and he looked same as the first man. He also stopped beside that man "Who's she Aadil?" He asked. So the first man name was Aadil.

He shrugged his shoulders as the second man moved forward towards me with sword in his hands. It made me gulp as tears started forming. He pointed his sword towards me "Who are you?"

Tears dropped one by one and suddenly the man whose name was Aadil said "Are you daughter of King?", as I nodded lightly and the other two man stepped back.

He came forward me and said "Where's your room? I need to make you reach safely there" as I nodded and moved. He moved beside me as I silently moved towards my chamber. My anklet bells were ringing which made me more awkward in this silence.

We reached our chamber as he entered as well, "King never told he had such a beautiful daughter" and then suddenly his hands reached to my hair strands tugging them behind as I shivered from his touch.

My cheeks turned red as he smirked "I'll get you soon, my Noor-e-qamar",as I blinked not understanding what that meant and then he stepped out of my chamber.

Keeping the jar on the table, i poured a glass for me and gulped it in one go. I was still blushing like insane and my night went sleepless as whole night i was just thinking about him.

He was handsome. And his romantic gesture made me remember one of the characters of the romance fiction I read. I smiled crazily as I feel I had this love at first sight.