01 | Returning Home

⋅ • ⋅ ⊰ ∙ ≼ ☫ ≽ ∙ ⊱ ⋅ • ⋅

Green trees were all Bellamy Swan could see for miles, stretching far beyond what his eyes could see. He watched them whizz by, the view was stunning as he was driven deeper into the welcome embrace of nature. The car was silent as neither his dad nor twin sister spoke up to make conversation. He didn't mind that though, it gave him time to enjoy the scenery of his new home, his true home. Not Phoenix, Arizona with its dry and hot weather that made him feel suffocated at best, no, he was talking about the hidden village deep within the confines of a forgotten but beautiful forest. Where it was always cloudy, always cold and always raining, that was where his home was, that's where he belonged.

Their mother, Renée, thought it would be a great idea to tear him and his sister away from their father to live a new and 'better' life than what she had. Only ever did she let them visit Charlie twice a year, usually when school breaks were close but never for holidays as important as Christmas. Bellamy hated it, hated being forced so far away from his father. Bella used to not understand why he felt so close to their dad until he had to explain what their mother was doing to them. Since then she'd slowly started opening up to their dad again and distancing herself from their micromanaging mother.

Now though, with her brand new toy of a husband whom she's decided to off and elope with, has finally given them a chance to live with their dad in the small town of Fork's. He's kind of glad for her irresponsibility for once and her neglectful care for them. She'd never been a hands-on mother, she would rather throw them at their dad when things got too tough or when she wanted to live life without being reminded of the two kids she never asked to have. It used to hurt, to know that their mother never truly loved them, she just liked to show them off when the chance came before hiding them away on her shelf for next time. 

But that was fine, he still had his dad and his dad had more than enough love for the two of them, even if he was quiet with it, you just had to look at his actions to know.

The closer they got to Fork's, the faster the trees started to disappear and civilisation started to pick up. He could see more cars on the road, the old wooden scattered houses with people walking in front of them and down the connecting concrete paths. It felt so homey, he could already see some people waving at them as their truck passed by, they all knew who was inside being it was a small town and everybody knew everybody here. Two minutes later they were now pulling into a familiar blue two-story house, their family home. Nothing looked different since the last time he'd been here five years ago, everything looked familiar and comforting, even the peeling paint on their front door that Charlie always said he'd fix but never got around to doing.