08 | Black and Blue

⋅ • ⋅ ⊰ ∙ ≼ ☫ ≽ ∙ ⊱ ⋅ • ⋅

The drive to their truck was silent.

Nobody talked until Bellamy spotted their crappy rust-covered truck in the same place they'd left it.

"Bella, go start the car, I'll be there in a minute." Bella looked between him and Edward, but eventually nodded and took the keys from his hand, and hopped out of Edward's car.

"Were you following us?" Bellamy asked once he saw Bella jump up into the driver's side of their truck.

Edward looked hesitant, but that hesitance was enough for him.

"So you were following us. Did Alice have a vision then? Or do you always stalk my sister?" Either answer was deserving of another right hook to his stupid vampire face.

"Alice said that something might happen to you and Bella in Port Angeles today." Bellamy fucking knew it, and he hated that he was right.

"So instead of telling us about her vision, you decided to go play the white knight and rescue us? When you could have been upfront with us and told us not to go, so then we wouldn't have been stuck in that situation in the first place?!"

Bellamy was pissed. He was getting sick of Edward's stupidity and his need to keep putting him and his sister in harm's way.

"That's not—" 

"No, you will listen to me and you will listen to every single word I say from here on until I leave this car." Bellamy snapped, interrupting whatever sad, pathetic excuse Edward had worked up to defend himself.

"You need to stop treating her like she's some damsel in distress, or you're going to end up losing her. She may be quieter than most, but she's stubborn like you can't believe. And she can protect the people she loves just fine, but if she needs help, she'll ask for it. So until then, you need to stop acting like some white knight when all you're doing is getting in her way" He was sick of watching Edward 'try' to protect his sister when in reality all he was doing was making everything even worse than it needed to be.

"That's not what I'm trying to do here Bellamy. I swear. I want to protect her, that's all." Edward replied, looking at Bellamy through his driver's mirror.