𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

*𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛♡*

𝗢𝗺𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟴𝘁𝗵 𝟲:𝟯𝟯 𝗽𝗺
𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘀, 𝗧𝗻
________________________

Makaeda's eyes fluttered open slowly, she stared into the dark space for seconds before sitting up in the king-sized guest bed. She glided her hands around the bed in search of her phone, until she found it next to her. Glancing at her Lock Screen the time read six thirty three p.m.

"Damn. I was knocked out" she mumbled to herself.

After having brunch with Ja, Makaeda was extremely tired being that they were one hour behind in Tennessee she had major jet lag. Once they got back to the house Ja showed her where she would be staying and from there she made herself comfortable by taking a shower and going straight to sleep.

Ja took advantage of it, during the time she was asleep he went ahead and set up their activity for the night. After researching her social media he found out that she enjoyed art, so he set up a sip and paint in his living room for the two of them. He had a bottle of her favorite wine and hired a chef to make pasta since he didn't know too much about cooking. Makaeda raved about pasta and wine being one of her favorite combinations. He also watched an interview where she mentioned some of her favorite artists whom she enjoyed listening to, so he made a quick playlist with a few of them.

Deep down he knew he wanted to be more than friends, but at the same time, he wanted to respect her boundaries and make sure she was comfortable. This was just a way for him to express those feelings without actually saying it. He'd put a lot of thought and effort into planning this for her, and hopefully, it wouldn't go unnoticed by Makaeda.

The music blaring behind the closed door caught her attention. She sat at the edge of the bed stretching her arms in the air before standing up. Makaeda made her way out of the bedroom down the hallway, the closer she got the louder the music became. She recognized the song that was playing, as it was one of her favorites.

'Lowkey' By Teyona Taylor featuring Erykah Badu blasted through the built-in speakers downstairs.

She stopped at the top of the stairs, knitting her eyebrows together, now curious to know why Ja was blasting Erykah Badu when all she had ever seen him listening to was rap music.

Never judge a book by its cover I guess.

Makaeda thought to herself as began making her way down the curved staircase.

Rounding the corner, she stopped in her tracks when she saw the setup in the living room.

Two canvasses sat on the large coffee table with an array of different colors of paint, brushes, and other art supplies. The lights were dimmed down giving off a more intimate look.

Her eyes widened at the sight, completely speechless. She slowly walked into the room as Ja appeared from the kitchen with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon in one hand and two wine glasses in the other.

"Sleeping beauty. I thought you were never gonna get up" His appearance was completely different from earlier he now wore a plain white wife beater that showed off his tattooed skin, grey Nike sweatpants with his red PSD boxers peaking through, and his locs were now in a half up half down style instead of them being in his face.