𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

***unedited

𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗮𝗲𝗱𝗮 𝗝
𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮𝗻𝗱, 𝟮:𝟰𝟯 𝗽𝗺
𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮, 𝗚𝗮

__________________________

I put my car in park after pulling my car into the driveway of my mother's home. I grabbed my purse from the passenger seat and got out of the car. I went inside the trunk and attempted to grab every Publix grocery bag so I only had to make one trip. I closed the truck door of my g wagon with my hip before quickly making my way to the front door I pressed the ring doorbell waiting for someone to answer the door.

"Hello?" I heard my mother's voice come through the ring device.

"Momma please come open the door, you see who it is" I groaned growing impatient as my arms started to feel sore from the heavy bags, the plastic began to dig into the creases of my hands from how heavy they were.

"Here I come, Here I come" She repeated herself before her end went silent almost a minute later the door swung open revealing my mother. She gave me a warm smile as she stepped out of the way allowing me to walk into the house.

"Here give me some of those. You're so sweet for stopping at the store for us." She said as she took some of the grocery bags out of my hand feeling instant relief I followed her into the kitchen where I placed what I had on the counter.

"Of course momma. I made sure I got everything on the list" I replied going to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Are you okay with fried catfish tonight?"

She glanced up at me as she dug through the bags placing what she needed to cook dinner on the counter and everything else where it belonged.

I just nodded as I took a big swig of my water.

It was Sunday which meant it was time for the annual Sunday dinner my mother, grandmother and I had once a month. This is something we've been doing since I was younger when my mother used to work double shifts at the hospital so she always made sure she was home one Sunday out of the month, but back then it was my grandmother doing the cooking.

Since my grandmother is getting older, and didn't do much around the house anymore due to her declining health. Unless it was church, the doctor's office, or the porch she stayed in her room watching her favorite old sitcoms and romance movies.

"I'm gonna go say hey to granny," I said as I walked out of the kitchen walking down the hallway where my grandmother's room was.

I put my ear to the door hearing her soft laugh as she watched whatever it was on the TV. I lightly knocked on the door before twisting the knob and letting myself in.

She turned her attention towards the door her mood instantly brightened when she saw me. She relaxed in her customized recliner that sat in the middle of the room not too far from in front of the TV that was mounted on the wall.

She sat with one leg crossed over the other, she wore her favorite purple nightgown and matching fuzzy socks. Her shiny silver hair looked like it was freshly blown out with a roller curl set.

At seventy two my grandmother is so beautiful.

"Good Afternoon Granny!" I smiled as I walked deeper into her room towards her.

"Dimples! Hey, my favorite baby." She greeted me calling me by the childhood nickname she gave me as we hugged kissing me on my cheek.

Releasing from the hug I sat on the edge of her bed facing her. "I'm your only baby granny" I let out a soft giggle.