Part 1- DAY DREAM

Just wanna say that I'm not the best a perspective writing (like past tense and present, I actually suck at it)😭
This book may be cringy so i will try my best to fix that.
Also i swear I can't spell for the life of me so don't judge, autocorrect is my best friend .
And lastly this book will also have social media parts! (I think)
Hope this isn't painful to read so with that happy ready ppl🙏

Words cannot describe the feeling of winning your first title. A dream come true for anyone, and that person is currently me. Standing there holding up a trophy worth years of hard work and dedication. Monte-Carlo Masters, an all time favourite tournament when I was younger. I had always wanted to play here, even better winning it. I always loved the country, the famous and rich feel to it. Monte-Carlo you will always be special!

-
Sitting on the sun dried grass of Monte-Carlo, the light breeze brushing through the trees, many people walking around smiling and taking photos. I had just done that earlier except i was holding a trophy many people wanted to get their hands on. In-fact after i had taken my photos i let my family take the trophy with them and that leads to why i here still in tennis clothing, practically day dreaming on a sunny day in Monaco thinking about everything that i have ever done in my tennis career.

My 14 year old self would never believe me if i said i had just won the Monte-Carlo Masters, i would be wondering how i even made it to the WTA tour. It's no lie that when I was younger i never really believed in my self and yet i still do struggle with it now. The pressure can be to much even if people tell you to not worry it doesn't make a difference. It consumes you, makes you feel worthless even if you just achieved something so great i will always think of the negatives of it. I used to think that i wanted to quit tennis because i had a terrible loss streak again many people I should've beaten, and then injury's after that made those thoughts worse. Made me think i will never be good without having an injury or something wrong with me.

As i said, it consumes your thoughts because i didn't even notice the brown fluffy haired boy sitting next to me. He had sunglasses perched on his nose, red shirt with logos I couldn't read and black shorts that looked like bathers. He too also looked in deep thought. Well that was until i tapped his shoulder and he jumped and put his hand to his heart.

"Uhm... not sure why your scared your the one that randomly sat next to me" I spoke as it was almost a question. I would be lying i if said i wasn't giving him a sort of judging look.

"Okay. Fair enough. I saw you were in deep thought i was going to ask if you where okay but erm guess i got caught into it as well" His thick accent appearing through the sentence. Why is it so hard to understand French people? Or is that just me? yeah probably.

I nodded slowly as if i get what he was saying but i didn't I'm still confused why he's here. And I feel like I've seen him somewhere, but like where?

"Ey so not to sound like a drooling fan but congrats on the win, i watched your match today i thought you played crazy out there" He spoke with enthusiasm, good to know that he like the sport and not there just because of it.

I let out a soft laugh "Thanks, its good to hear it from someone other than my family for once"

We sat in silence for a few minutes, I'm still trying to figure out how i know him and where from. Ive definitely seen him before , I established that.

"Hmm i just realised i never introduced myself. Im Arthur" He smiled, in which I returned. Omg i know who he is now. Arthur! Arthur Leclerc. My god how did i not figure that out earlier, slow ass brain that's why.

"Anna, but you probably already know that"

"So, i know I'm a stranger and all but if you can trust me enough not to kidnap you I would like you to come hang out with some of my friends and i this evening? Just on my boat." Well i was planning to go back home and watch Happy Gilmore but i guess not, as much as i hate being social i would like to meet some new people. Nick would be proud of me if so.

"Just for the record not to sound creepy but i do know who you are" I said while subtly laughing. "And yes ill except your offer to hang with you and your friends, sounds fun"

"I was going to be offended if you didn't know me, so I'm honoured. I'll give you my number so i can message you the details for later."

After we exchanged details we said our goodbyes and I headed home for the meantime. Back to my comfy bed we go. Im kind of regretting me decision not to get my brother to pick me up, i mean we don't live far but who wants to walk home after beating the world no1 in a  3 hour final match? Not me.

———————————————
Authors note
First chapter done!
Hopefully this wasn't to bad.
Also i hope it makes sense!
I also hope there aren't to many grammatical errors i tend to do that😭

if anything to criticise on let me know ill try to fix my bad writing.

983words

Buongiorno o buona notte
-Eva
🤍