13

Unedited
=================================

I stopped at the front of my mom's house not pulling into the driveway knowing my cousin Dinero would want to pull in

I stopped at the front of my mom's house not pulling into the driveway knowing my cousin Dinero would want to pull in. He's coming over here today as well so we can all chill. The rest of the family is rolling in later and in a few days so for now he's just coming early to chill with me and shit. He's also bringing his boyfriend which is something he called me about all excited. I was happy for him. They were cute together. I was also happy to have my...boyfriend?...friend...baby...Laz here. My Laz.

We still haven't really made things official official even though we knew how we felt about each other. I loved him though and he loved me so I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend tonight along with something else I've been working on...

I opened my car door but felt a hand on my wrist making me freeze and look at Laz.

Wait! What if your mom doesn't like me? I don't have a good track record with moms.

She's going to love you Laz. Just be yourself, but try not to be too crazy. You know you have no filter sometimes.

But myself is crazy...

Ok, just be yourself. It'll be fine. She's nice so she'll love you and if by some weird chance she doesn't I don't care. You're my nigga not hers. She's not in a relationship with you.

You can hold my hand?

Of course Laz.

One thing about Laz is as much as he plays and talks shit he's low-key shy sometimes. I've noticed it happens around people that I know too for whatever reason. It's like he wants to impress me but he doesn't even know I'm already impressed. I mean he has my back and cooks me dinner. That's not the only thing I love about him, but I mean it's a big ass help. That's impressive to me. My girlfriend never cooked for me. Granted we were in high school but she didn't even buy me food or check to see if I was hungry. I always did. She didn't even have to buy shit but it's the thought of at least checking that counts.

He always cares about my well-being and that's another reason why k loved him. I could tell him I'm not hungry, but I bet you he makes me eat anyway.

You have to put something on your stomach.

Don't leave the house hungry.

But I cooked for you...

It's to the point now I don't even ask him if he's hungry because he always beats me to it and he has a home-cooked meal for me. Even if it's just a sandwich for lunch. I'll never go hungry.

We got out of the car and grabbed our book bags before walking to the front door. He grabbed my hand tightly and started playing with the strap on his book bag with his other hand. I knocked on the door and watched my mom quickly open it and smile at me with her arms open.