18

This isn't an Epilogue, but it will be written like one with time jumps, etc, just to close out the story. Thank you for reading. This won't be the last time you see them. 😉
=================================

 😉=================================

A few months later...

I saw the lights flickering as I stood in the kitchen making me turn around to see Dallas standing there smiling. I walked over to him and kissed his lips making him smile. I didn't have my implants in. I've come to learn very quickly that the rest of the role is never quiet and there was always some type of noise going on and it was very overwhelming. So I took breaks throughout the day. Sometimes I would go a full day without hearing. Like today. I'll most likely put them on later because his mom was coming over along with my brother, but other than that I wanted a quiet day.

Everything is so loud.

Are you excited about dinner?

Dinner. His mom was coming over today and we were going to tell her that we were engaged.

Yea, he still hadn't told her because he got nervous and thought she would either judge us or be mad. To be honest all we really wanted was for her to support us and be happy for us and that we found love...we didn't need her approval and could get married whenever we wanted to since we were both 18. I respected her though and so did he.

We've actually been getting closer these past few months. Sometimes I text her and we talk about things or I tell her about my grades. It's always a good vibe. Makes me think about my mom, but at least I have someone there for me now.

I'm so nervous, Laz. Seriously. Like...fuck man. I'm shaking. What if she's mad? I love my mom and I don't want to have problems with her.

If she loves you she'll support you. She likes me and we're in college, we have a house, and we're not doing anything crazy or causing problems. She shouldn't be mad.

What if she thinks I'm too young?

We are young, but too young? Nah. This is true love baby. We're meant to be and we both know that. Look, I'm about to head out because I want to pick up something from the store. I'll be right back. I need brownie mix.

He laughed at that and shook his head before pecking my lips making me put my hands on his waist. He kissed me again making me pull him closer and deepen the kiss.

Don't you need to go to the store?

I'm trying to open yours.

He laughed and gently pushed me away before handing me my cochlear making me put it on. I looked at him and d jumped slightly once the noise came through. Loud ass house.

"I love you, Laz," he told me as I smiled at him.

I'm so happy. Hearing has been hard on me but also fun. Listening to so many new things and learning what certain things sound like have been crazy. Dallas is an amazing teacher. I've even been practicing my speaking. I hate the way I sound, and it's really hard to understand my words. I sound like...like maybe I...shit I don't even know how to describe it.