sad beginnings

mentions of abuse, language, and etc.

"Autumn, darling, you said you would finish recording another song by tomorrow, are you on track for it?" Autumn's mother, Martha, asked her daughter.

Autumn nervously traced the patterns on the table cloth, frantically trying to come up with an excuse. She silently watched as her mother placed the pot of pasta on the dining table, then stared at her daughter for an answer.

"Actually, about that, mom, it'll take two extra days, I'll be done with it on Friday. I just can't find a background beat I like and I need to record the chorus," Autumn replies.

She watched as her mother's face dropped, her hand slamming down on the table. Autumn knew this would happen, she tried her best to have it done by the absurd deadline her mother set, but she wasn't able to record it in time.

"I gave you a full week, Autumn, a fucking full week!" Martha exclaimed.

"That's not enough time, mom. With school work and working on this, it'll take longer," Autumn responds.

She felt her face heat up followed by an immense pain in her left cheek. This wasn't unusual, but it stung every time. Autumn held her cheek in pain as she looked down at her feet.

"Go finish recording it, you don't even deserve to eat right now!" her mother yells.

After three hours of sitting in her room, on the small black chair, with her recording set, she finally found a tune she was happy with and was able to record it. She hated how her mom took all her money and bought herself new handbags or dresses, it was her money, not her mom's. She wouldn't even spend part of the money to get Autumn a good team or book studio time.

She walked back downstairs to see her mother sitting on the couch, watching something on the huge screen, bought with Autumn's money, again. She felt sadness rise from her heart and into her eyes, tears falling down her face. Loosing all her appetite, Aurora went back into her room, getting into her bed. She quietly played her Taylor Swift playlist while silently sobbing.

A/n: I'm aware this is on the shorter side, I'll try to make them longer.