nomination reactions

mentions of abuse, language, and etc.

Autumn's latest single had blown up and made it onto the billboard, it was within to top thirteen songs on the radio. Due to the amount of money made from the huge success, Martha had forced her daughter to record a full album in two months. Initially she wanted it done in a month, but after a lot of back and forth, she reluctantly agreed on two months.

Martha was relaxing on the couch, online shopping on Amazon, with her daughter's money, shamelessly. She heard a notification from her phone which led her into her G-Mail. As she read the content of the email, her face lit up in joy. Not because her daughter was nominated for 2 VMA awards, but she could squeeze more money out of the poor girl.

"Autumn! Autumn! You got nominated for Best New Artist and Best Pop!" Martha yelled, running down the hallway.

She barged into Autumn's room, a smile lighting up her face. Autumn had never seen her mom's face shine like that in the fifteen years she was alive. But she didn't get her hopes up and think that her mom's happiness was because she was proud. The girl knew her mom was happy because she would get more famous and reach more audience so her mom could spend more money on herself.

"Mom! I was almost done recording a song!" Autumn groaned.

"Stop being ungrateful! We need to go and find me a good dress and some cute boots. Then I'm gonna get my hair and nails done," Martha said.

"What about me?" Autumn asked, confused.

"You have three dresses and you can wear one of those. I have some old boots and the earrings and necklace you have on now is fine. We have a curling iron at home and we have nail polish at home," she said, with a wicked smile.

"Of course you spend my money only on yourself," Aurora said, rolling her eyes.

She knew that her mom wouldn't spend a single penny on her unless she absolutely had to. She had grown accustom to it and frankly, she didn't have the energy to fight back. She had been so busy with school work, it was finals season, and trying to get this stupid album done, she had no more energy left. She was trying to study for important tests while coming up with songs for an album, while being yelled at her mother everyday for no reason. She barely remembered the times when she used to love writing songs and it didn't feel like a weight on her shoulder. Every new memory with music is an awful one, she felt trapped in music.

"You're so ungrateful! I brought you the mic set, your guitar, your piano, your computer, your phone, and everything you use to make this money! So honestly, I deserve to spend this money!"

"I could pay you back for everything you just said and not even lose half of the money I made in the past three months," Autumn retorts.

"Shut up!" Martha yells, having nothing else to say.