anger issues

mentions of abuse, language, and etc.

Autumn enjoyed the night, listening to people sing and speeches as people got awards. At first she was very shy, but sitting next to a half drunk Taylor who was dancing and lip-syncing, she slowly loosened up. It was towards the end of the VMA's and there were a couple awards left.

"And this year, the best New Artist is Autumn Pesci. At sixteen, she is one of the youngest people to ever get a VMA! Please give it up for Autumn Pesci!" the host said.

At first, Autumn clapped not realizing it was herself, until she saw people looking at her. The words replayed in her head and her jaw dropped. She shakily stood up still in shock. Taylor, who was right next to her, gave her a hug as she saw the girl in shock. Autumn slowly walked into the huge stage, her eyes focused on her mom. She could see the smile on her mom's face from far away. After she thanked the woman who gave her the award she stood in front of the mic. Her eyes wandered between Taylor and her mother. They both were smiling but her mother's was menacing and greedy while Taylor's was genuine and reassuring. As Taylor's and Autumn's eyes met, Taylor stood up and clapped again, everyone joining her. After Taylor gave her a thumbs up, Autumn closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm so thankful for everyone who listened to my music and helped me get this far, I couldn't have done it without you guys. I'm really grateful for this award and it helps encourage me to keep going and doing better. I also really wanna thank Taylor Swift. I would never have started music if I never heard her music and sang along to it. Her music has always been there for me so I would say that she helped me the most in facing my fears," Autumn said, looking at Taylor.

She saw a tear roll down Taylor's cheek as the woman clapped and cheered for her. As her head turned to her mom, she noticed that her mother seemed angry. As she got off the stage and back to her seat, her mind started to spiral about what she did. She won one of the two awards and she didn't give her mom away, why would she be mad. She heard everyone at the table congratulate her again but she couldn't focus on that. All she could think about is what her mom would do to her when they got home. Her mom was already annoyed with her from the prior events and she looked more angry.

Taylor noticed Autumn's quick breathing, her leg bouncing, and her hands shaking as she was about to drop the award. Taylor could sense the feeling radiating from Autumn, everyone at the table could, it wasn't excitement or happiness, it was fear. Taylor looked over at her friends who had the same concerned look. Sabrina secretly pointed to Autumn's mother and they all turned to her. They could tell that she looked angry and they noticed that Autumn kept looking back at her mother. Taylor took the award from the girl's shaking hands and set it on the table before it fell. She held onto one of the girl's hands while Gracie held the other hand. They both shared a look as they could feel the girl's hand shake.

"You're okay, honey," Taylor whispered to the girl.

For the rest of the night, Autumn felt horrible thinking about what her mother would do to her. Taylor stood up and danced but she never let go of Autumn's hand. She really wanted to know what was going on in the girl's head, they just met but she felt protective over the girl. Once the last award was given and the night ended, Martha stormed over to her daughter.

"Autumn, let's go!" Martha said, pulling her daughter while grabbing the award

Autumn put her head down and followed her mother out and into the limo. She was ready for whatever her mother had to say. The car ride was silent, more tension in the air than there was on the ride to the VMA's. As soon as they got home, Martha slammed the award on the table and started to yell at her daughter.

"You took the spotlight from me cause you were too stupid to know how to pose! Then you do something to make Taylor Swift obsessed with you. And in your speech you don't mention me once, Autumn, not once!" Martha screams.

"Taylor wanted to help and the reason she cared was because you're an asshole! I didn't talk about you because you do nothing but cause me stress!" Autumn yelled in frustration.

Martha slaps her daughter, leaving a huge red bruise on her cheek, yelling at her to leave the house.

"If I do nothing for you then you don't need this house or anything I give you! I paid for the phone and the phone plan and everything you have. So get the hell out!" Martha yells.

"Mom," Autumn started to say.

"No! Get out of my house!" Martha yelled.