Chapter Eight

Kamari POV

"Hey Mari I'm sorry about them I can't believe Anthony would say something like that," Grandma said. I couldn't do anything but cry all over again.

"It's fine Grandma it's not like he never said it before I should be used to how Anthony talks shit," I said while wiping my face.

"No Mari you should never be used to nothing like that baby," Grandma told me. We heard a knock on the door and I went to see who it was.

"Who is it" I asked the person behind the door. "It's me, Simone," She said. I opened the door and let her in and omg she came with a man he's fine as hell.

"Hey Simone and Darius how y'all doing my sweet babies," They told her they were doing alright. I looked at my sister and threw my head towards her man in a Are you going to introduce me kinda way.

"Oh Kamari this is Darius and Darius this is my ugly ass brother Kamari so cute but ugly at the same time I just don't understand," She said while laughing.

"Now bitch you know I can embarrass your ass easily in front of yo nigga on my soul," I said while rolling my eyes.

"Anyways don't worry about him baby he got mental problems," Simone said while walking towards the kitchen. "Girl as if you are the one that started with me and now I have mental problems Simone please," I said.

"Alright y'all stop that bickering and stop cussing in my damn house," Grandma said. "She started it so I finished it," I said while taking a seat at the table.

By now everyone is sitting at the table Simone looking at Darius and Darius is doing the same. Oh my god please don't tell me they are in trouble with the law or some shit.

"So what was the tea you wanted to tell us" I said to my sister. "Well I have been gaining weight and stuff," she said. "Ok, what's new girl spit it out what's going on," Grandma said.

"Well Grandmother that's not very nice but how would y'all feel about being a great-grandmother and Uncle," Simone said nervously.

"Damn, I knew it no wonder why I been so damn tired lately and having dreams about fishes," Grandma said happily.

"Are you serious Simone" I screamed with joy and excitement. She nodded her head in a yes motion I jumped up and gave my sister a big hug.

"Mari I can't breathe let go, baby," Simone said making me panic I didn't know I was hugging her that tight.

"Sorry sis oh my god this is some good news wow my sister is about to have a baby," I said softly with tears in my eyes.

"Grandma you have something to say," Simone said "Baby I can't even form words right now I'm very happy for you and Darius he's a good man Monnie," Grandma said while hugging my sister.

"So how long have you known girl and ain't said nothing to nobody" I said. "I found out the day I called you for the first time in 4 years," she said.

"For real well I'm glad you reached out then because I don't wanna be a deadbeat uncle you ain't about to be telling my niece or nephew that I'm not shit," I said making everyone laugh little did they know I was dead serious.

"So where did y'all meet I wanna know the story from Darius, not you Simone," I said. "Well damn ok then but when I hear something wrong I'm going say something," Simone said.

"Aight so we met at a Rhythm and Blues concert I bumped into her well she bumped into me and got nachos all over my shirt," he said but before he could finish here came Simone.

"See this is what I was talking about he twisted the story he had it right the first time he bumped into me and the nachos got on his shirt," she said making me laugh.