✧˚[ 3 - ABOUT TRAVEL PLANS AND NORDIC MYTHOLOGY ]˚✧

She still had time, but the first thing on her to-do list was to get her passport, even if her ID card worked just fine - but of course not before she'd finished screaming like a crazy preteen with Jessica on the phone.

What a great surprise to hear that Sebastian returned to Europe after just a few months to take part in the Marvel Special to celebrate the two-year anniversary of the Avengers Campus at Disneyland Paris. And there was not only him announced. A major part of the entire Marvel cast should also appear. Among them RDJ, Chris Hemsworth, his namesake Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen and the British front line represented by Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch.Unfortunately, the impressive second half of the OG 6 - Mark Ruffalo, Scar Jo and Jeremy Renner - were not on the list of stars. A small drop of bitterness, but it didn't dampen the joy.

"Just imagine it, Nika! All of them in one place. We're never going to get this close to the Avengers again!"

Completely giddy, Jessica gasped several times. Nika literally could hear her breathing machine running at full speed through the speaker phone.

"Tell me before you fall out of your wheelchair so I can call your boyfriend to catch you there. I guess your two cute little shrews and the superhero Funkopops are not much help in that case."

"Everything's good", Jessica giggled and took another deep breath. "My sweetie sits right over here on the couch and takes care of me. You'd better make sure for yourself not to hyperventilate after all."

"Oh, I'm fine with having a heart attack right now. I've already achieved my biggest lifegoal so I can die happily without any regrets. For all I care, the world could burn down to the ground tomorrow."

"Please, don't! Stella will rip our heads off."

"So she's coming with you?" Nika asked, already preparing herself for the next leap of joy. Firstly, because it meant Stella finally had the chance to meet her beloved Chris Evans. Secondly, because they were all going to see each other again.

Not only Jessica and Stella were living far away. Also her other girls, whom Nika met on TikTok long before the two of them, lived in different parts of Germany or even across the border of beautiful Austria. It never felt like they were hundreds of miles apart as the crow flies. Yet it always was special when they met in person to spend time together. For an introverted Nika, who couldn't bear people because her social battery died pretty quickly, this quality time was always a precious thing and gave more energy than it took from her.

But it didn't happen very often. Everyday life, a number of sad circumstances and the fact that neither of them had millions at their disposal to travel across the country every weekend for coffee dates set a lot of mundane obstacles. For Jessica, the obstacles turned out even bigger. Her medical condition made things difficult.

Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, or short CMT, was a still incurable neurogenetic disease and caused progressive muscle atrophy, resulting in pain and cramps that reduced quality of life for those affected to an almost unspeakable level. Nika was amazed at how little Jessica showed, how she coped with everything despite this terrible fate and never seemed to lose her sense of optimism.

That's why she was so happy to see her again in Paris in a couple of weeks. And although they were all short of money, Nika decided to look for cheap flights and hotels straight away. Booking early usually got you the best deal.

While Jessica teamed up with Stella, Nika organized this little trip for herself and the other three. The only snag: they didn't know about their good fortune yet. However, Nika used every spare second over the next few days to look for attractive offers.