CHAPTER 2: The Main Protagonist

'For fuck's sake! Damn it!'

Cael kept cursing under his breath while staring at the girl in front of him.

Viola!!!~

Ever since he achieved his dream of living a slacker life, he had forgotten that he is inside a book where there are main characters! Just so you know, the girl in front of him is dangerous enough to snatch away his dream.

Sigh....

Thanks to his ability to record, he could vividly remember every event that had occurred in the book. He sighed deeply in his heart, pondering what he had done wrong to end up meeting her.

He remembered this girl so vividly. She was the main protagonist of this world, and the entire story revolved around her. Her eyes were a clear and dazzling jewel blue, shining brightly and serving as a symbol of her royal lineage. Her blond, curly, and soft hair is a testament to the care and attention given to its maintenance. Her face was both beautiful and adorable, capable of melting even the icy heart of Claude. And her demeanor was a perfect blend of shyness and calmness.

He knew her all too well. She is none other than Athanasia de Alger Obelia, the trouble magnet and the beloved daughter of the tyrant emperor. He is so Unlucky!!

It wasn't that he hated Athanasia. In fact, he didn't dislike her at all. Instead of hating her, he pitied her and was willing to take care of her if she was going through a difficult time. But... no! She will make his slacker life come to an end. How cruel that fate could be. He would have to bid farewell to his beloved slacker life, which was something he didn't want to happen.

You see, this girl had a lover who is a magician capable of destroying the world if she were to ask him. In addition to that old man, her father, the tyrant emperor, was responsible for the massacre of everyone in the Ruby Palace. His possessiveness towards his daughter reached another level. And her uncle, well... let's not even think about them anymore.

His abilities were sealed, leaving him feeling helpless and worried. He knew that he can't meet them head-on without his ancient powers.

"U-umm.... Who are you?"

The girl in front of him suddenly asked him with a bright and gleaming smile, sending a chill down his spine.

Hey, slacker-chan, don't leave him just yet. He can't give you up just yet.

He remained silent, refusing to answer her. He had a strong sense that if he were to open his mouth, his slacker life would be completely gone. His cherished slacker life is on the line, and he couldn't afford to be careless and sacrifice it easily.

"U-uhh...chilli-nim??"

What???.....Hah! This freaking brat!.Suddenly, he remembered that this girl had given Duke Alpheus a cringe-worthy nickname.

'Yeah...it was Mr.White'

"Cael, My name is Cael"

He could only scoff to himself internally. Despite that, he still answered her. This girl was so cute, she reminded him of his children. And it wasn't as if he would meet her again. Abruptly, he stood up to leave.

He gazed down at her and suddenly noticed that she was hiding something in her dress. His mind raced with possibilities. Could it be...?

He remembered a chapter in which Athanasia had contemplated leaving the palace, planning to run off with the ornaments, jewelries and golds from the Ruby Palace.

She was likely planning to hide them in Garnett Palace, the place where she had first met the emperor in her third life.

'This was the day? Or not?'