CHAPTER 4: Slacker life is leaving

'I've done it! Damn it!'

Cael kept cursing in his mind, frustrated by his bad luck.

He was currently rolling comfortably in his bed after accidentally bumping into the emperor two days ago. He hadn't even managed to look into the tyrant's eyes before hastily making his escape.

His battle instinct told him that it wasn't that dangerous, but his Slacker Life indicator screamed that the danger was extreme. He felt that if he made eye contact with the emperor, it could cost him his life and his Slacker Life in a matter of seconds.

Fortunately, he had managed to save himself from such a fate. He knew that some might think he was overreacting, but if anyone else were in his shoes, they might even faint just from being in the presence of the emperor.

In his case, he had read the novel and couldn't help but be on high alert. You never know what Claude is thinking; that man is an enigma he couldn't decipher.

In the early chapters of the novel, Claude's inner monologue was incredibly Frightening. He contemplated killing Athanasia solely because of her mother's death!

And what about him? The mother of the body he currently inhabited was a careless and foolish woman who had met her demise.

He despised Claude to the core, describing just how heartless he could be. He didn't want to dwell on it. The tyrant emperor could kill his own daughter without batting an eye; he had watched indifferently as she was executed in her previous life and he could do so again without mercy.

Claude is a prime example of a dirtbag. He showed no care for his own daughter, casting her aside when she was just an infant, while the poor girl desperately tried to gain his attention.

Athanasia made excuses for her actions, claiming she wanted to leave. But what about Cael? Claude didn't kill Athanasia, but he would undoubtedly behead him.

To be honest, Kim Rok Soo didn't completely hate that tyrant. He understood that there must be reasons behind the tyrant's actions; after all, he hadn't been born a tyrant. But the emperor wrongly placed blame on the wrong person. How absurd!

Kim Rok Soo understood his feelings. Yes, Claude felt sadness and agony, but those emotions had reached another level, leaving him feeling empty.

Kim Rok Soo himself had faced hardships in his childhood. He had lost his parents in a car accident when he was just a child, and there was no one to care for him. He had to rely on himself, taking care of his own needs, and living without relying on anyone else.

As he grew older, his world turned into a hunting ground for monstrous predators, and yet he survived. He fought hard to stay alive, enduring immense pain and experiencing death twice, if you were to ask him.

That's why he hated pain so much. He despised the idea of dying again. He was incredibly cautious around the emperor, as he had no desire to die. Death was a terrifying prospect, and he would rather endure the most unpleasant circumstances like rollng on the shits than experience death once more. He wanted to avoid pain at all costs.

All of these experiences had made him immune to many things. He wasn't afraid of dying, but he detested death.

If you were to ask him, Claude was both reasonable and unreasonable at the same time. He had suffered betrayal and had been left to despair and agony on his own. He had no one to lean on; he could only rely on himself, just like Kim Rok Soo.

And yet, despite all of that, he is still a JERK and a BASTARD!

That was Claude's sad story, but in fairy tales, all stories have a happy ending. And he too had found his happy ending.