Chapter 2: The New Hire

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Zooooooom

Zip

A yellow blur ran on the road and going around corners and turns. There are no cars moving around and the sun was peaking above the horizon.

"10 km, ok thats it for my work out."

Our hero came to a halt and didn't look he was visibly tired. He had no sweat, breathing was relaxed and he just yawns.

"Dang it, I forgot jobs from government like this start early. But can't complain with the free stuff. Time to get ready for work"

He became a blurry image again and dissappeared from the scene.
A man with a mustache and a woman looked out their window while sat down on their dinning table.

"What was that?" the woman asked

"What was what?" he asked back, curious.

"I could have sworn I saw someone out there"

"Must be the wind honey, as your people would say. He he" he replied and chuckled but the woman was not amused with his humor.

---Somewhere in the city---

A couple of days passed since being hired and the sun was up above. Our hero in yellow is out in the big city just walking around.

Walking pass towering buildings and skyscrapers. Wide roads and a busy streets full of men and women in suits and long sleeves. There are students in uniforms waiting for the traffic signal and roaring horns of vehicles becoming impatient.

This place was no different from back home but it seems chaotic for our hero but at the same time more peaceful in comparison.

Peaceful meaning, there were no monsters everyday just terrorizing and spreading fear. It didn't mean they were rare, other heroes like him are present. It was starting to get boring for him but a jobs a job.

He is currently familiarizing himself with the new environment he stumbled upon.

Actually, he got himself lost in the city.

Many eyes follow him and a lot of of them took their phones out to take pictures.

He noticed and just didn't bother with them, but it was odd that they take notice of him more often compared to yesterday's situation.

No wait, our hero just saw himself on the big screens and television displays in the stores.

He sighs to himself realizing he got his face plastered on the news reports. It wasn't helping that news anchors are commenting on his baldness and attire.

"Whats wrong with being bald?! I'm not the only one!" he thought to himself while he grinds his teeth.

He decided to let go of it, then looked down on himself and though back about the comments.

"Should I change my costume? Nah..., I don't like tight fitting clothes. It makes me feel itchy"

He looks back on the screens and sees the heroes doing cool stuff while wearing cool costumes. Fighting monsters, saving civilians, and also writing autographs too. Apparently, aliens and fish people exist and not treated as monsters.

"Man, these guys make it look cool. How do they pull it off?" he wonders before seeing a mascular man is red and white.

The hero on the screen had a symbol that looked like a big number zero on his chest and called him "Onion Man". Odd name for him but he didnt care.