Chapter 10: Bald Menace

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

"Uhh..."

A man slowly wakes from his slumber. He lays on a clean white bed with dark green blanket. He wore a jacket and jeans and his hair was long and brown.

"W-whe... where am I?"

"Your behind bars buddy..." answered a rough looking man across him.

The waking man slow sat up and a burst of pain at the back of his head spread all over. He held his head with his hands and tapped the source of his pain. The piercing pain convinced him not to touch it further.

"Shi$... aah... the hell" he exclaimed.

"Hurt doesn't it? Thats what we all get when we run in with him" he spoke from experience.

"Him? Ow... who's him?" he asked still experiencing a headache.

The rough man lays on the

"What's the lasting you remember?" the rough man replied with his own question.

"Well, I was doing some dealings and sh$&. Got crystals delivered bunch of sci-fi whizz then... then..." he concentrated, brows furrowing.

...

"A bald guy in a silly costume knocked me out..." he said,  remembering the crucial detail.

"God da$& it!!" he cursed under his breath.

"Ah ha ha ha ha haa..." the rough man laughed aloud with a booming voice "you came here out cold"

Ting! ting!

"Hey, keep it down!" an officer in blue police uniform demanded.

He eyed the two of them for a moment before he shook his head in disapproval and walked away. A typical stigma of cops not liking criminals.

"Fu$&..." he exclaimed in a drawn out way

Poof

He fell back on his bed whilst being careful not to hit the back of his head. Pushed the pillow up and lean his back againts the wall.

"They call me Russ and consider yourself lucky, thats all you got from him.."

"Trench..." he responded anxiously "But what do you mean? It frickin hurt!"

While Russ layed on his bed relaxed and his hands behind his  head, he moved his eyes towards the outside of their cell. Trench followed.

Right across them was another cell. One guy sat on the edge of his bed staring blankly on the floor. Slouching and elbows on his knees. The right side right face, which was visible, was heavily bruised. The man's face was slightly swollen and the gauze did little to hide the fact he got a serious beating. Right hand was also bandaged.

"Sh$&!! He did that?!" Trench got taken a back.

"Partly... the face part was definitely from the Bald Menace"

"Bald Menace??" Trench gave a raised eyebrow.

It was a lame a#$ name and surely it wasn't that bald weirdos name. Come to think of it, he remembered his costume was similar to a cheap a#$ cartoon hero show he saw on Sundays television when he was a kid.

"Thats what the cops call him, not that he was bad, he's the local hero in these parts. He's trouble for law breakers, hence the name" Russ informed.

"Right... so, what you in for? You dont look injured in anyway."