Chapter 4: Weird Bald Man

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

Clink clink

Munch munch munch

Sip... Gulp gulp

A family of three sat together eating dinner. A whole roasted chicken placed on the middle of the table has chunks taken out of it. Large portions of it lay on the plate of the two adults. A married man and a woman in their late thirties and plump body shape. Due to old age, the man has a balding trait on top of his head and the wife has short brown hair.

"Dear, whats the matter? Your not touching your food" said the woman concerned.

"Hey, the food's getting cold. Your mother prepared that so eat it." responded the man in a grumpy tone.

"Dear..." the woman spoke to the man to be considerate.

He looked at the red head girl infront of him who stared at the food on her plate. She didn't respond to what the two adults said which earned her a glare and furrowed brows.

"Samantha!" he raised his voice.

"Huh? Oh yeah. I didn't have the appetite Dad... Mom..., I'll finish it upstairs." she replied to her parents after waking up from her deep thinking.

"Hmp... you better be. clink munch munch" the father said and continued to eat.

Samantha's blood boiled a bit from how her father spoke. She didn't do anything anger worthy. True she wasn't paying attention but it was always like this since her earlier childhood.

She couldn't get an approval from her father. She decides to ignore it and remember back the meeting she had earlier with a bald weirdo.

"Dear! Sigh..., What's the matter Sam? Trouble with friends?" the mother asked with caring eyes, after her retort to her husbands behavior.

She placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder to comfort her.

---Flashback---

"It's Atom. Eve." she corrected the man.

"Ok..." Saitama responded with lackluster.

Eve felt a vein popping and pouts towards the man. His simplified face just screams "I want to punch it" for some reason. He looked silly and thought the man was simply lost.

But theres an itchy feeling in the back of her head that his look reminds her of something.

She just breathed in deep and exhaled her frustrations out.

"Forget it. So, why are you here mister Saitama?" she questioned, calm and collected.

"Oh, I heard a struggle and went here to investigate. When I came, that guy over there crashed into me." Saitama pointed to the now unmoving man and he was bleeding from the nose.

"But I guess my help wasn't needed. You handled them pretty well with does fancy moves"

"T-thanks, I guess. I've been doing this longer than you think" she repeated after she got taken a back by his complement.

"I bet , but don't treat hero work lightly. There are stronger enemies out in the world Abe."

"I know that! and its Eve!" she raised her voice in irritation.

"Yeah yeah, I'll take these guys to the police. You should go home, your parent's must be worried sick."

"Hmp! Thats not my problem. They don't really care what I want" she crossed her arm and looking away.