Part 4

The rest of the day was awkward, and tense.
You avoided Sukuna as much as possible.
When you couldn't, you kept your interactions with him as professional and polite as you could.

He seemed amused, and you just ignored him.
You didn't understand what had happened, and how things had gone from bad to worse in a matter of minutes.

You had been pissed, and then he had kissed you.
He had kissed you, and you had responded.
It was a mistake, a huge one.

You couldn't deny that the man was an amazing kisser, and you had enjoyed it, even if it had only been a few seconds.

You hated yourself for it, and you hated him even more.

But, a part of you was curious.

Why had he kissed you?

Did he like you?

No, he couldn't.

He was just being a jerk, and messing with you.

That had to be it.

He was just a jerk, who was trying to get a reaction out of you.

You decided that was it.
-
For the next few days, you were determined to keep your distance.

Every day you would arrive to work and see him. When he entered your personal space, your body stiffened, and you looked everywhere except his crimson eyes, because your instincts were going on hyper alert whenever he neared you. It didn't take long for the adrenaline to start pumping and coursing through your veins. Every nerve was standing on end, preparing you for a fight. You couldn't help but think that the pink-haired bastard was pushing you past your breaking point. And as much as you were loath to admit it, part of you enjoyed the little chase that he gave you.

He would tease you, and flirt with you, and every time, you would push him away.

You were determined not to let him get to you.
You avoided him as much as possible, and you could tell it was driving him crazy.

He would corner you, and try to talk to you, but you would ignore him, and walk away.

You could see the frustration on his face, and you knew it was getting to him.

He would stare at you, and follow you, but you would continue to ignore him.

You could feel his gaze burning into your back, and you tried not to blush.

"Hey, (y/n), what's going on with you and Sukuna?" Nobara asked, as she walked over to your desk.

"Nothing." You replied, looking away from her.
"You sure? Because, he seems to be really interested in you. I've never seen him act this way before."

"It's nothing."

"You keep saying that, but I know something's going on. Come on, spill it." She said, smiling.

"There's nothing to tell."

"Really? Because, the other day, when he came out of the elevator, his shirt was unbuttoned, and his hair was messed up. And, his lips were swollen.

You froze, and Nobara laughed.

"I'm not blind, you know. I saw the way he was looking at you. He wanted to jump you." She giggled.

"Nobara."

"It's true! What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, come on. Tell me."

"It was a mistake. It was a stupid, momentary lapse of judgement, that's all."

"A lapse of judgement? What, did he kiss you or something?"