to mom

i wish i could take you back with some sort of time machine, just to see the happiness in you.
i don't mean that you're unhappy, happy is what i know you for, after all. i mean that i wish to see you. the real you.
the little girl full of dreams and empty of worries. the little girl living her life the way it felt right instead of having to stay home on a saturday night.
i wish i could take you back and free your destiny from all the torments that were yet to come. i know it hurt. you try to tell me it didn't but, mom, my heart is just like yours, i feel anything if you, too, feel it.
i wish for you to shine here and after you leave and i wish for you to never have to feel what you felt until not so long ago.
i hate that your heart ached and i hate it even more to know that i couldn't stop any of it.
i promise, mom, that if i could switch roles and take care of your inner child i would, without a single thought.
i'm scared to lose you more than i am scared of losing myself and i fear the days were the only thing i'll have to remind me of you will be a picture on the shelf.
i'm sorry i'm not always the best. and i'm sorry if i was ever the reason of your sorrow.
i need you to know that i'm always scared of not having you tomorrow.
you're my world, my comfort and my peace,
thank you, mom, for giving up on yourself in order to raise me.