mom, im just so tired

y/n age: 14

i was zoned out in history class when all of a sudden i got called on.

"y/n do you know the answer?" my teacher asked. i snapped out of it and looked up at him

"hmm? what?" i asked. everyone was turned looking at me. my greatest fear. yes i know my mom and dad are famous but paps and fans never keep their focus on me it's always my parents they're interested in.

"do you know the answer to the question..." he asked annoyed.

"um what was the question?" i mumbled.

"just as i suspected. y/n! you need to pay attention! what would your parents say about this!?" he yelled. another thing i hated. i hate being yelled at. especially in front of other people

"i-i umm. i don't know..." i said.

"well i can tell you this, with the high profile your parents have they wouldn't want their daughter to be stupid. you got that?" he yelled. at this point he was in my face.

"you're right... i'm sorry" i said quietly.

"don't apologize to me." he said. i nodded and kept my gaze low. i could feel people looking at me. i could also hear the snickers. i felt tears start to brim. i raised my hand.

"um.. can i go to the bathroom?" i said.

"no you cannot! you need to pay attention!" he said.

"it's an emergency.." i said.

"you know what. i don't care. just go." he said rubbing his forehead.

i got up and left the room and made my way to the bathroom. i went into the big stall and just collapsed on the floor crying. i didn't like when my teachers asked me what my parents think of me. it makes me feel stupid and a burden to them. i decided to call my mom. i just wanted to come home.

i dialed her number and it rang a few times before she answered. but it wasn't her it was jack.

"mom?" i said.

"it's jack y/n. are you okay?" he asked.

"i want my mom. where's my mom?" i asked trying to hold back a sob.

"she's recording vocals right now in the booth." he said.

"oh.. is she almost done i really need her" i said.

"y/n? are you crying?" he asked.

"umm no.." i said.

"here i'll give your mom the phone." he said.

"hello?" mom said.

"mom can you please pick me up. please. i can't do it. please pick me up!" i said.

"are you sick?" she asked.

"no.. i just. i-i can't do this today. please pick me up." i said.

"okay baby. you're okay." my mom soothed me.

"but it's not okay mom! i'm so tired!" i sobbed into the phone.

"baby what's going on?" she asked.

"mom i just need you please" i said.

"okay baby. i'm on my way i'm leaving now. i'll be there in like 15 minutes. can you go to the guidance office?" she asked soothingly.

"yeah.." i said.

"ok baby. i love you so much. i'll see you in a little." she said.

"okay bye.." i said. i stood up and exited the stall and when i opened the door there stood a girl in my class.

"um are you okay?" she asked. i nodded.

"well mr smith told me to come find you because you've been gone for like 10 minutes.." she said.

"oh..." i said.

"yeah. i'll just tell him you're okay. and i'll leave you alone" she said. i nodded.

"um do you want a hug? mr. smith is a real asshole and i'm sorry that everyone laughed at you." she said. i leaned in the hug and i didn't realize how much i needed it.

"thank you. i really needed that.." i said.

"of course it's no problem." she said with a smile and left the bathroom.

i made my way to the guidance office and waited for my mom. when she got there i immediately bursted into tears again.

"hey you're okay baby. it's okay." my mom said. she grabbed my stuff from me and walked me to the car. once we got in the car we sat there as my mom tried to get me to open up.

"what's going on in that head of yours? hmm?" she asked. i just shrugged.

"i'm just tired.." i said trying not to cry.

"physically or mentally?" she asked.

"the second one..." i mumbled.

"oh my baby i'm sorry. i know you don't want to talk about this right now but we can talk more when we get home." she said. i nodded and the car ride home was mostly silent.

as we got home i saw dad sitting on the couch watching tv.

"oh what're you guys doing home early?" he asked.

"y/n just had a long day. y/n why don't you head upstairs and get changed i'll be up there shortly" mom said. i nodded and made my way upstairs.

taylor's pov

"what's wrong tay?" trav asked. i let out a sigh.

"i don't really know trav but im worried about her.." i said. "she said she's mentally tired and she called me in the middle of the day sobbing and begging me to come pick her up. i don't think her mental health is good at all right now..." i said.

trav listened intently. that's one thing i loved about him. he was a great listener

"um while i talk to her could you maybe get her a few things? like comfort food and that stuff?" i asked. he nodded and kissed my head. i collected myself together and headed upstairs.

i reached the door and knocked.

"baby? can i come in?" i asked. i heard a faint answer and i walked in. y/n was laying in her bed with tears streaming down her face.

"what's the matter baby?" i asked pulling her into my lap.

"i'm just. i'm so tired of... everything." she said.

"what do you mean baby?" i asked stroking her hair.

"i'm just... my teachers are always asking how you would think of me every time i don't know the answer to something. they make me feel so stupid. and then everyone starts laughing at me. and. i'm so sick of it!!! it's everyday. it's just so loud. i can't do it anymore" she said while sobbing.

my heart shattered when she told me this. this was exactly what i was afraid of when i first found out i was pregnant. how people were gonna treat her because of me and travis. it's not fair at all.

i just let her vent and cry and eventually she fell asleep and i just held her and kept telling her everything was gonna be alright.