what's happening?!

TAYGRACIE COLLAB?!? OH WE ARE SO BACK

y/n age: 14

mom, dad, and i were sitting on the couch watching a movie when mom got a call.

"hello?" she said. i saw her have a confused look on her face and then she got up and left the room. i looked over at dad and he looked just as confused.

dad and i continued to watch the movie until mom came back. she was gone for like 15 minutes until she appeared in the door way.

"trav? i need to talk to you..." she said. he nodded.

"we'll be right back y/n" he said as she got up.

taylors pov

we were sitting on the couch watching a movie when all of a sudden i got a call from my brother, austin. i answered it and on the other side he was panicking and i couldn't make out what he was saying so i moved to a different room.

"austin? what's going on?" i said.

"um im here with dad and mom." he said panicked.

"austin what is going on?" i said more clearly. he was scaring me.

"it's mom. she's in the hospital.." he said.

"what do you mean hospital? is she okay? what's going on!" i said panicked.

"her cancer tay. it's back. it's more aggressive this time." he said. i felt my breath get caught in my throat and my heart drop.

"w-what? what do you mean it's back?" i stuttered.

"it's back and it's bad. i suggest you guys get here as soon as you can. it's not looking good tay" he said.

"o-oh my god. i-i-i" i stuttered.

"tay it's okay just breathe. just get here when you can okay?" he said.

"okay. bye austin i love you" i said.

"i love you too, teffy" he said. i hung up the phone and just stared blankly. my moms cancer had come back. this was my worst nightmare. i walk out the room to go get trav.

"trav? i need to talk to you.." i said. he nodded and followed me. we walked into our bedroom. i closed the door and locked it.

"tay what's up? what's going on?" he asked.

"it's my mom" i said as my eyes started to water. "her cancers back" i said. it was still unreal for me to say. i couldn't stop the flow of my tears. i would've collapsed on the ground but travis caught me before i did.

"hey it's okay baby. i'm here you're okay. breathe" he said as he held me.

"but it's not okay! it's worse travis!" i said through sobs.

"i'm so sorry baby." he said as he held me.

"trav i need to go. i need to go be with my mom" i said.

"okay baby i understand. should we tell y/n?" he asked.

"no not yet i don't want her to worry" i said through sniffles.

your pov

after mom and dad went to go talk i was left on the couch with benji as we watched the movie. as i was watching i heard faint crying. i could tell it was mom. i was curious so i walked to the door of their room to see what they were talking about.

"should we tell y/n?"

"no i don't want her to worry,"

worry about what? what's going on?

i stood up and contemplated knocking on the door. i stood there for a good five minutes before i actually did. dad opened the door and looked at me.

"is mom okay?" i asked.

"she's okay don't worry." he answered.

"can i see her?" i asked. dad looked behind the door. i guess to get confirmation from mom. then he opened the door wider and i walked in.

there i saw my mom on the floor packing a suitcase.

"where are you going mom?" i asked.

"um i have to go to nashville for a few days" she said.

"ooo can i come!" i asked.

"it's best if you just stay here with dad" she said sadly. i looked over at dad and he also had a sad expression on his face.

"what's going on..." i said slowly.

"nothing y/n" dad said.

"then why are you guys being weird. did someone die?" i ask. they both shook their heads.

"then tell me!!" i said. silence.

"hello??" i said. still silence.

"can someone please just tell me what's going on?!" i said. i looked at mom then at dad. nothing.

"ugh!! you guys never tell me anything!! i'm 14 almost 15 i can handle it!" i said as i stood up to leave the room.

i went to my room and slammed the door shut. i just want to know what's happening. what if something is wrong. how will i know. i climbed on my bed and laid there staring at the ceiling. the there was a soft knock on the door.

"what?" i said plainly.

"um it's mom" i heard her say.

"come in." i said.

"hey baby i'm about to leave.." she said as she sat on the edge of my bed

"mom can you please tell me what's happening?" i asked again.

"y/n.. i don't know. i don't want you to worry." she said.

"okay but if it's effecting you and dad and you're leaving. i think i deserve to know.." i said.

"you're right... you're grandma. my mom. um she isn't doing well" mom started.

"what do you mean is she okay?" i asked. mom shook her head slowly and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"her cancer is back. it's more aggressive this time.  so i have to go to nashville a little. i gotta be with my mom.." she said. i just looked at her with a shock look on my face. cancer?

"i-is she gonna be okay?" i asked as my voice cracked.

"i don't know baby" my mom said as she began to cry. seeing her cry made me cry. i hugged her and we cried into each other.

dad came into the room and saw us and comforted us both. no one knew what the future was gonna look like. but for now we just need to be there for each other during this time.