Chapter 9

And right now, Nie AnAn had just walked into the set. "Gold Medal Inn" was filmed in the northwestern region of the country, where the desert met the cities and also the location where tourism was budding. The Nie's were the sponsors of this show, and they were also the developer of the tourist area.

The format of the show was quite simple. There were two inns locally, one went by the name of Yun Lai Inn and the other by Yue Lai Inn. The two inns were only 10 or so meters apart, and their styles were also very similar, both went with retro style décor. As such, the guests of the show were also divided into two teams and each team would stay at one of the inns. Finally, the inn with higher profit would be the winner on the show.

There were a total of 12 guests, 6 in each inn. Rumor had it that there would also be a secret guest that would show up on the second to last day. The 12 guests would be in charge of the basic management, customer recruitment, daily scheduling, and meals, etc. As for the room cleaning and washing up, those would still be done by the inn's original cleaning crew.

In order to prevent the fans from inflating the income of the inn where their idols were staying, the show has a rule that stated that the inn assignment of each guest would be determined by drawing after they have arrived. Plus, when the show was airing, they would also hide the names of the inns. As the décor of the two inns were very similar, it would be difficult to tell which was which without looking at the sign above the front entrance.

Nie AnAn didn't have a lot of duties the first day, and she wasn't a fan of any stars, so it was a free day for her. After resting for a little bit, she got up, gave the crew a heads up, and headed toward the market. Where they were staying wasn't Capital City after all and not everything could be found there. Nie AnAn walked through all the markets in the city and made a note of all of their selections before she headed toward the largest grocery store in the city.

When she returned, everybody was already at Yun Lai Inn. As a nutritionist, she also had to enter the drawing, and she was assigned to Yun Lai Inn. On the other side, as she had figured, the one who got Yue Lai Inn was a comedian. Nie AnAn has some fruits in her hands. She walked in front of everyone, greeted everyone kindly, and said, "Hi everyone. I brought back some fruits from the supermarket. It's a hot day today. You should all have some!"

She has a petite figure. She was wearing a white dress, and her hair was wrapped into a bun on the top of her head. Her large eyes looked like they were washed with water, and her voice was soft. She reminded everyone of a little lamb. "You must be AnAn, our inn's nutritionist," said Chen YanShu, a newly rising martial art star. She quickly took over the fruits from Nie AnAn and asked, "How old are you, little sister?"

Nie AnAn replied obediently, "I just turned 20." "Oh so young! Look at that face! It looked like you could squeeze water out of it!" Everybody giggled. "We thought you were just 18 had you not told us otherwise." Nie AnAn smiled and seemed to feel a bit embarrassed. Some of the crowd went to rinse off the fruits in the back. At this moment, a pair of girls walked toward her.

Nie AnAn looked up and saw Qin ZiYi and Li ManGe. Apparently, Qin ZiYi was quite surprised to find Nie AnAn there as well. Immediately, she asked, "What are you doing here?" She and Li ManGe arrived on a later flight and just now realized Nie AnAn was there. As for Nie AnAn, she only put her name down as AnAn when she registered with the camera crew. As she wasn't one of the stars, she was not required to put down her full name for privacy reasons.

Nie AnAn smiled at Qin ZiYi and said, "What a coincidence, Miss Qin." Qin ZiYi stuck her lips out quickly and said, "Just don't block me again this time." She had heard that Nie ChengFeng was one of the secret guests on this show. The invitation was definitely sent to him, but she didn't know if he had accepted it in the end. Why else would she be on this stupid show?

"You two know each other?" Li ManGe asked Qin ZiYi. "She is..." Qin ZiYi was at a loss of words on how to introduce Nie AnAn. Finally, she thought of a term, "She was Mr. Huo YanXiao's date." Li ManGe had also heard about the incident the other day; rumor had it that Huo YanXiao attended the Nie's banquet with a date. Well, as long as it has nothing to do with Qin ZiMing, Le ManGe didn't mind that there was an additional little white flower. She saw Nie AnAn smiling at her, so she also nodded and greeted her.

Suddenly, the crowd sitting around the dining table let out a cry, "This fruit is so good!" "I know! It's crunchy and sweet! Perfect for a hot summer day! Little sister AnAn is cute in person. Even the fruits that she chose are so sweet!" Hearing that, Nie AnAn blushed and said, "I only randomly picked out some." After eating two of the fruits, she tried to minimize her presence and slipped away quietly.

The inn would begin its operation tomorrow. This was also her first job in this world. She must do her best to keep it. That night, Nie AnAn tidied up the notes she had made earlier at the food market and made a shopping list for the next day. The budget for her purchases the next day was provided by the show. After that, the budget would come out of the profit from the inn, and they would also need to cover what they've spent on the first day.

As such, Nie AnAn did not pick very expensive ingredients but just a few simple dishes.

After a good night's sleep, Nie AnAn got up and went to the kitchen downstairs. Everybody went to bed late last night and were still in bed. The cameraman was the only one that was up. He followed Nie AnAn into the kitchen and turned the camera on soon after he had spotted her.

Nie AnAn's team didn't have a specific guest chef, so she was in charge of it all and would show up on the camera from time to time. Rinsing the rice, kneading the dough, making the fillings. Once Nie AnAn started cooking, she was entirely in her own world. As these ingredients had to be prepared quickly on the first day, she was only able to make one type of fillings – eggs and cabbages.

It didn't take long for the porridge in the pot to start boiling and the dough was done rising. That's when Nie AnAn started making buns. Mr. Cameraman was yawning at first until he saw that all the buns in Nie AnAn's hand were identical with the same folds and patterns. His eyes went straight. Was this girl an executive chef from some 5-star hotel?

Wait, wasn't she the nutritionist? He thought the responsibilities of a nutritionist was just consultation. How was she so skillful in actual performance? As he watched on dumbfounded, Nie AnAn had already skillfully placed all the buns into the steamer and sliced up some vegetables and added them into the porridge. Mr. Cameraman sniffed and felt hungry.

The sun has risen completely now, and the guests were starting to get up one after another. The cameras inside the inns were turned on and the streaming channels were opened. Nie AnAn's breakfast was ready. If Mr. Cameraman didn't have his own duty in hand, he'd certainly have insisted on serving the buns with her.

"Wow, breakfast is ready already?" Chen Yanshu was a lively one. She quickly seated herself at the dining table. At the same time, she greeted other guests who were showing up. Qin ZiYi yawned, sat down with Li ManGe, and lifted the lid of the steamer. When she saw the 18 beautiful folds on the buns and how even they all were, she stopped yawning and said, "Didn't someone say the food at the inn was just mediocre? Isn't this the famous 18-fold buns of Capital City?"

 "Wow! This is good!" said Feng Wei, a new actor. "What it AnAn who made these? These are delicious!" "Really? Let me try!" said Zhang ZhouYu, an actress who had retired for over 10 years and only recently came out of her retirement, as she picked up a bun and took a bite. Her eyes widened immediately and she said, "I will never forget this taste in this lifetime!"

Hearing that, Qin ZiYi looked surprised. She tried a spoonful of the porridge first and was immediately speechless. She fanned her mouth a bit to help cool the porridge down before she could taste the aroma in her mouth. Her eyes too, widened immediately, and she said, "Oh my god! This is so good!"

Huo YanXiao left early this morning for Country R, laying over in Country H. The boarding area was quite crowded today and was a bit noisy. Just when he was feeling impatient, Chinese came out of a nearby woman's cellphone. Instinctively, he turned and looked in her direction. He saw her screen.

It looked to be some city in his home country, and it was around noon time. The lobby was retro and it looked like the inside of an inn. Everybody was sitting around the dining table and having lunch. Inside the steamer, there were rows and rows of identical buns. Each of them had exactly 18 folds, pretty like flowers.

Huo YanXiao's brows twitched. He wanted to take a closer look when a voice came from the other side, "Oh my god, did AnAn make this lunch? I think I am in love!"